Suspension Revalve settings :)

phatboy07

Reaction score
So I just got my shocks back from a revalve....heres the specs

2010 Crossfire 800 SnoPro
-Original Floats revalved to Float 2
-I had the Rear Shocks upgraded with the Chris Burandt Backcountry Kit

So im just curious if anyone has any experience with what pressures and initial front skid shock setting I could/should start out at. right now I just have the fronts @ 50# and rear @ 90#, Front skid shock 1/3 thread up preload.

neddacsac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just had mine revalved on my 2010 M8 LE. I was told to start at 65lbs in the front and 120lbs in the rear. They have been set up for "argessive" riding style. My wieght is 200lbs with all my gear on.:beer:

mountianguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I just got my shocks back from a revalve....heres the specs

2010 Crossfire 800 SnoPro
-Original Floats revalved to Float 2
-I had the Rear Shocks upgraded with the Chris Burandt Backcountry Kit

So im just curious if anyone has any experience with what pressures and initial front skid shock setting I could/should start out at. right now I just have the fronts @ 50# and rear @ 90#, Front skid shock 1/3 thread up preload.

One thing to remember when setting pressures is the load needs to be removed first for a accurate adjustment. The pressure will vary depending on your riding weight so trial and error is he best way to go. I do know when adjusted right there is a huge difference in ride.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing good things about the Burrant upgrade.

There seems to be a lot of Fox Float haters out there. I asked several peeps at the sled show why that is. Most common answer was that people do not know how to set them up properly or get a true feeling for the way they perform. Many, many people apparenlty think they are bottoming out when in fact they are just getting to the harder part of the air pressure. So the over pressurize and end up with a harsh ride. It was suggested to me to run it low pressure to actually feel the bottoming and how the Float performs then work my way up in pressure from there.

Those added air chambers are supposed to help for a lower cost option. Was also told that once I have an air pressure that works well for me to go get that pressure put in using Nitrogen. Like vehicle tires, less variance with temperature and.or altitude changes. I know one dealer doing that already.

I"m building a skid at the moment which will utilize a Float. It will be new for me so I have been trying to get informed. Should be interesting.

Top Bottom