Surgery was a success

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i got out of the hospital yesterday been going good i got 2 plates and 12 screws put in my collar bone and 15 staples holding mu cut together lol i have been left handed for a week now and it sucks well at least i have a nice sleek black sling to wear around town lol

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well i got out of the hospital yesterday been going good i got 2 plates and 12 screws put in my collar bone and 15 staples holding mu cut together lol i have been left handed for a week now and it sucks well at least i have a nice sleek black sling to wear around town lol

gives a new meaning to tough as steel there!:beer::beer:

Pinner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they going to pull the hardware out after it heals ?

Did they have all the tools out for you to see ? That kinda weirded me out seeing the cordless drill etc.

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now you can set off the metal detectors at the airports! BTDT! Tell them you are bionic!

Take it easy while you heal up. Hopefully in a few months you will be back to normal!

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they going to pull the hardware out after it heals ?

Did they have all the tools out for you to see ? That kinda weirded me out seeing the cordless drill etc.

they onlu showed me the plates but in 2 weeks the staples are coming out

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now you can set off the metal detectors at the airports! BTDT! Tell them you are bionic!

Take it easy while you heal up. Hopefully in a few months you will be back to normal!

yup haha they are giving me a card to show them at the air port that i am iron man

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup haha they are giving me a card to show them at the air port that i am iron man

Hahaa! They didn't give me a card! Now I feel left out! :p

Seriously though, I had my surgeon remove as much hardware as possible after a few months of healing. Felt a lot better after they took all the bolts and screws out and now I do not set off the metal detector as much. :)

How about you, are they going to take some or all of the hardware out or leave it in?

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't get no card and had the exact same sugury. dam i feel left out to. They never took any of my hardware out but they did say i should never brake that collar bone again cause its half steal now. good luck with the speedy recovery i was fishing the next day after mine.

Cabinboy

Reaction score
About the only thing that card is good for is lighting a fire!! I have two of those cards for seperate hip replacements, and its not worth the effort to pull the cards out of your wallet. You are still gonna get wanded and searched to the nth degree. In fact, in Amsterdam's airport they wanted to see the scars before they would let me through. :eek: Its not a big deal, other than you take a little more time to get through, and piss everybody off behind you.
Congratulations on your successful surgery, by the way. Should be good to go by May hopefully.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About the only thing that card is good for is lighting a fire!! I have two of those cards for seperate hip replacements, and its not worth the effort to pull the cards out of your wallet. You are still gonna get wanded and searched to the nth degree. In fact, in Amsterdam's airport they wanted to see the scars before they would let me through. :eek: Its not a big deal, other than you take a little more time to get through, and piss everybody off behind you.
Congratulations on your successful surgery, by the way. Should be good to go by May hopefully.

thanks for that. yea i hope to be good for may long i can already move it pertty good now so we will see

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for that. yea i hope to be good for may long i can already move it pertty good now so we will see

Moving it will probably help, but don't stress it for awhile. What did your doctor tell you about therapy? By May you should be able to do many of the things you used to do, but keep in mind you sure as heck don't want to break it again! So be carefull! :)

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No x-rays???
no they wouldnt let me keep them i was mad lol
Moving it will probably help, but don't stress it for awhile. What did your doctor tell you about therapy? By May you should be able to do many of the things you used to do, but keep in mind you sure as heck don't want to break it again! So be carefull! :)

nothing i just take it out of the sling once a day and move it till it hurts every way

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would try to go for a couple of therapy sessions after the 6 week mark. You should be able to go for a few sessions for free (at least that is the case in Strathcona County). They will teach you what excercises to do to help your condition.

Good luck healing up!

Top Bottom