Sure to lose with a skud(850)

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming off a turbo nytro with lots of work. I'm surprised the sidewinder is still 643. I recently bought a t3 and am really enjoying it. Hated always feeling bad about firing the nytro up after laying on its side, or actually trying to level the sled out before you start it. My turbo nytro weighed in at 648, still had stock battery,and radiator in it. So could loose some weight yet.

The nytro chassis didn't put its power to the ground well. Till it had momentum, they were kind of like a dirt bike in muskeg. With that said would like to throw a leg over a side winder. Rode a 155 850, and found that it got out of the snow better than my 163" t3, also felt like its putting out more then 10 horse power over the 800 as claimed. Most of the weight lost was off rotating mass, so that's awesome.
I'm assuming that 850 is weighed with a jerry can on back?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Coming off a turbo nytro with lots of work. I'm surprised the sidewinder is still 643. I recently bought a t3 and am really enjoying it. Hated always feeling bad about firing the nytro up after laying on its side, or actually trying to level the sled out before you start it. My turbo nytro weighed in at 648, still had stock battery,and radiator in it. So could loose some weight yet.

The nytro chassis didn't put its power to the ground well. Till it had momentum, they were kind of like a dirt bike in muskeg. With that said would like to throw a leg over a side winder. Rode a 155 850, and found that it got out of the snow better than my 163" t3, also felt like its putting out more then 10 horse power over the 800 as claimed. Most of the weight lost was off rotating mass, so that's awesome.
I'm assuming that 850 is weighed with a jerry can on back?

Your very close with your weight guess on the Nytro. I have no radiator and a 3lb battery but i run a 174 x 16 track and a custom CR front end that is 10lbs lighter. My Nytro comes in at 620 fueled with 10gals.(trail tank)

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your very close with your weight guess on the Nytro. I have no radiator and a 3lb battery but i run a 174 x 16 track and a custom CR front end that is 10lbs lighter. My Nytro comes in at 620 fueled with 10gals.(trail tank)

rtr 162x2.5x15 larger rear cooler, custom fuel tank dropped 4" into tunnel. Hold 33 liters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You're forgetting the Freak with the amazing rainbow wedge. When he hears about this I'm sure he'll fire the old girl up and take first place.
Well sounds like we have a three way race, winner takes all.

This could be fun to watch.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i wouldnt say narrowing at all. 53 lbs is the difference between enjoying your day on the hill and hating your life

That is true, most people have only the weekend to ride and are busy working and with responsibilities. Taking on a vigorous exercise program for most just to be able to ride a snowmobile is sometimes not reasonable.
So when they do get to go out they want to enjoy their ride and at the end of the day still be able to function. So the lighter 2stroke only makes sense.
I'm not pro 4stroke any more then 2stroke, but i do think you need to ride what feels good to you.
I get away with it because i train as a SAR's member, riding the heavier 4stroke doesn't tire me out and in most cases my riding partners tire out first. But then they don't fallow my regime.
IMO, its best to ride something your comfortable with, a tired rider can get hurt or get in trouble very quickly in the back country.
Any how i can only dream of riding this season cause i'm waiting surgery and that sucks.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
So now we are into Yamaha vs Doo, 4 stroke vs 2 stroke, some dude from Toronto knowing all about mountain sleds, and Lund bragging about the fantastic shape he is in and his physical regime.....................lol

Time for more popcorn..... images.jpeg

CLVTCH

Reaction score
Don't post here much but I was thinking "what did I just spend my morning coffee time reading just now?" lol

So now we are into Yamaha vs Doo, 4 stroke vs 2 stroke, some dude from Toronto knowing all about mountain sleds, and Lund bragging about the fantastic shape he is in and his physical regime.....................lol

Time for more popcorn.....View attachment 201198

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
you guys racing up straight hills, technical or down a lake??

to be fair, it should be straight up hill climb race, a technical ride race, and a lake shoot out..... And to be fair, the rainbow wedge should be offered up in the challenge too.................. Need more popcorn

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder if someone put a scale on the rear bumper how much weight difference there would actually be between the SW, T3, 850 and axys with the biggest track they got? Bet it's not much.

That said I don't recall lifting from the bumpers much when on the hill. If she trenches out, I dig and rock till I can either roll it right over or on its side to pack the snow under the track and giver.

Only number that means anything to me is hp to weight at elevation.

Twig

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well there will be a few more doo problems, but remember there are 3 times more doors out their. Where are the kitties twig that you had, lol

Sold them, went onto better things haha

Top Bottom