Support Alberta Paramedics

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The province is about to take control of paramedics in Alberta. I don't know if they think they can do it better than the municipalities, but you can bet they are going to screw it up as they don't have experience with it and aren't addressing a lot of problems. They don't seem to have a proper plan in place and they take over on April 1. With the cost cutting they're going to do in the near future, there may be someone way less qualified in the back of the ambulance you may need. The government also wants to lump the paramedics union in with the union that represents lab-techs and nutritionists.

Please go to and sign the petition on the right. The stories in the newspapers really don't do this issue justice (either do I) and there's a good chance service will go downhill fast.
LID

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I can say is the Paramedics in the Cities do a great job, Lethbridge, Calgary, Edmonton,etc...the problem is those of us who live in small communites do not get that service. We have ambulance response with EMT at the best and the service and care we get is not the same as what city folk get...if this provincial plan gets a paramedic on every bus and equal care for everyone in the province I applaud their plan. I realize they may have some other issues with their time frame and I also relaize it will effect jobs, etc...dispatch, Paramedicas/Fireman..just my thoughts

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
The system as is, is not sustainable and I realize change is uncomfortable but it is necessary. Yes there may be a drop in service but if we can't afford it there's not much we can do right?

Anyways..... bring on the snow!!:beer::beer::rolleyes:

Lets SLED!

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The system as is, is not sustainable and I realize change is uncomfortable but it is necessary. Yes there may be a drop in service but if we can't afford it there's not much we can do right?

Lets SLED!

Well Said..:beer:.....what about some support for all us Oil Patch workers that are outa work! :d

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Lets SLED!

Let's forget the politics and discuss sledding or better yet, go sledding. This isn't forum material it belongs in the union halls and the legislature. My $0.02

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Let's forget the politics and discuss sledding or better yet, go sledding. This isn't forum material it belongs in the union halls and the legislature. My $0.02

Yes I agree, lets do some sleddin and drinkin :nono:....after sleddin that is!!! ;) -----SAFETY FIRST---- :beer:

mountainman611

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ok,maybe the guy put his issue in the wrong forum. But he has a legitimate issue and shouldn't be chit on.
Agree or not,the man has an issue and he is passing some info on to you.
So dont shoot the messenger people. The more information we get from all the industries the better we are all off.

Back to my beer...Cheers all!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Ok,maybe the guy put his issue in the wrong forum. But he has a legitimate issue and shouldn't be chit on.
Agree or not,the man has an issue and he is passing some info on to you.
So dont shoot the messenger people. The more information we get from all the industries the better we are all off.

Back to my beer...Cheers all!!

Yes, he has a legitimate issue and I'm not chitting on him, just the process. I'm not on this forum for that kind of information. I want information on my passion and that is snowmobiling, period!

I am retired and happy! Glad to get out of the day-to-day rat race and away from the energy consuming issues that left one exhausted after a day's work. Most of those issues really had nothing to do with work, they were just issues out of the control of the average Joe.

Too early for a beer but we got 9" of fresh so I'm going for a ride. then it will be time to open the bar....Cheers

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes, he has a legitimate issue and I'm not chitting on him, just the process. I'm not on this forum for that kind of information. I want information on my passion and that is snowmobiling, period!

I am retired and happy! Glad to get out of the day-to-day rat race and away from the energy consuming issues that left one exhausted after a day's work. Most of those issues really had nothing to do with work, they were just issues out of the control of the average Joe.

Too early for a beer but we got 9" of fresh so I'm going for a ride. then it will be time to open the bar....Cheers

I'm with you lets talk sledding not political issues. We got more snow Alberta Beach way than we've had all year!! Time to fire the bad boys up and ride!!:):beer:

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm jonesing to get back at some deep stuff too.
My girlfriend is a paramedic (with 4 years of school) and I get to hear all of the crap the City puts them through. And no offense to anyone who works the BC system, but I'm glad she comes sledding too, as me and the boys sometimes try and outrun our skills, and I'd rather have her on the scene (so would you) than someone trained as an EMT or less - 1 year training, can't use the good drugs - yet still "called" a "paramedic" by the BC government.

Anyway, it's snowing, and the weekend is coming so hopefully it's deep for everyone and no-one is in need of an ambulance ride of any kind.

and yes, sorry if I put this in the wrong category.

Top Bottom