Superclamps in enclosed trailers

Squiggy

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting some Superclamps for my enclosed trailer. I was looking at their website to see if they offer any kind of recessed option for the loop that is mounted on the floor. Doesn't appear that they offer this, has anyone seen anything like this, or have any suggestions for something that might work? Trying to avoid any tripping, toe stubbing hazards!! Thanks.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about getting some Superclamps for my enclosed trailer. I was looking at their website to see if they offer any kind of recessed option for the loop that is mounted on the floor. Doesn't appear that they offer this, has anyone seen anything like this, or have any suggestions for something that might work? Trying to avoid any tripping, toe stubbing hazards!! Thanks.

I'll post a pic later but, I bought my trailer used and there are actually 11 super clamp hooks on my floor. When I asked the guy why, he said every time he loaded up in a different configuration, he would put a hook in.

Thegeneral

sweld

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unbolt and turn the recessed floor hooks 90 degrees

Sent from my iPhone using

Superclamp

Reaction score

We have been asked about Deck Hooks being recessed, We thought about this when we invented the 1st Superclamp 18 years ago and the same problems always arise, the idea is book( book smart , bust street dumb) we tested our 4 different prototypes and we always found that they would always get clogged up with snow and ice and dirt and was a bigger pain in the a$$ then the regular deck hooks are, as well as mounting you would have to make quit a large hole and make sure you mount it into some sort of frame rail as well as the cost would be triple. It is what it is, this is the most simplest way for everyone to mount, as for tripping on the deck hooks we just have to be careful. Hope we answered some of your questions. If you have any questions please call and we will do our best to answer them. thanks Randall 1-403-203-2210

CJR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could you not just use a recessed tie down from princess auto? I guess it would depend on how far down you could adjust your clamp.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 298

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wrong, there are actually 16 hooks.
There have been uncountable beers and Black Sheep and Ginger consumed and no ones tripped yet 👍

u2epy3ep.jpg

Thegeneral

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran e track all trough my trailer on the floor. I'm going to cut off some super clamp mounts and we'll them to some e track mounts. That way I can out the super clamps anywhere in the trailer and remove them easy so they aren't a hazard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran e track all trough my trailer on the floor. I'm going to cut off some super clamp mounts and we'll them to some e track mounts. That way I can out the super clamps anywhere in the trailer and remove them easy so they aren't a hazard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Superclamp makes a nut that goes in the E-track ,......works good

ygetu5ed.jpg

Sent from my iPad using

Last edited:

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we used e track,welded a chain link on the hook,that way you can position anywhere it needs to be

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted e-track in our trailer. I then took the 2x4 holder thats made for e-track and cut it down so there only 1.5" tall. Then put a 5/16" bolt through the existing hole. Can mount it where ever I want and remove when not in use.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Throttle-Junkie

Reaction score
etyhy7a9.jpg

Flush mount "O" tracking front to back spaced off wall for the use of superclamps & ability to have sleds side by side with clamps. Like the option to be able to move them where needed.

u5unupyv.jpg

"O" ring anchors works good for us.

I'll try to get some pictures of sleds loaded next trip.

Sent from my iPhone using

Last edited:

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up a few of the 2x4 brackets for the PA E-track and some more track. Hope to fit it tomorrow i'll post a pick and give feedback after the weekend

Squiggy

Reaction score
Some great ideas. I had thought about using the recessed rings that are in the trailer but thought the height would not allow the superclamp to tighten down on the ski without some sort of spacer. Was trying to keep the floor flat so I like the recessed idea but may have to look at e-track to get something secure.

Top Bottom