Superclamp trouble on PRO skis

scottp

Reaction score
I just mounted the deck bolt for a Superclamp 11 into my sled deck and had to lift it up almost 1 1/4" from the deck surface just to get it to meet up with the hook on the clamp. I have the hook extended as low as it will go. Is anyone else having this issue using the clamps on a PRO RMK?

Turts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You did adjust the Superclamp hold down all the way out to the max line right?
That's how mine are.
The gripper skis have a pretty tall stance.
You could always add a few large washers in between the deck and clamp bolt.

Turts, typing on

scottp

Reaction score
I have the hook all the way to the line and had to put almost one and a quarter inches worth of washers between the deck and clamp bolt. There was about 1/4" of thread left on the bolt for me to put the nut on. I should point out that I have the sled in the middle of the deck and its not extended, so the skis are on the extra layer of decking and glides. I'm just hoping everything will be secure enough.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here. No issues. i have the hook mounted flush against the wood and the hook extended to the line. Works no problem. The ski's are also sitting on superglides so it lifts them a little. Something is off. Even with it sitting on the wood from the sides, which is probably about 5/8", at the most you should need 5/8" of washers.

scottp

Reaction score
I measured the length of the hook and its just about 3" long from the line to the tip. The skis have quite the profile so the clamp is sitting way up. I am wondering if they make another type bolt to accomodate taller skis.

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I measured the length of the hook and its just about 3" long from the line to the tip. The skis have quite the profile so the clamp is sitting way up. I am wondering if they make another type bolt to accomodate taller skis.

You triple checked your superclamp is not seized? I've had both old metal superclamp and new ones on factory Polaris skis with plenty of adjustment left.
It shouldn't be this hard

Sent from my iPad using

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is your hook black or just a silver aluminum color? I have seen some people use a black steel hook. Not sure if they came with olderd superclamps or what. But they seam so sit lower then the aluminum hook that some with the new clamps. But the difference still isn't big enough to make up for over an inch of washers.

scottp

Reaction score
Its an aluminum hook. These skis are tall, I will measure in the morning but I am guessing that from the skags to the top of the ski is at least 4"

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wish they had longer deck hooks, they where not long enough to get through all the metal under the deck so i have to chisel out the plywood so i could get the nut on the deck hook. Even being recessed it will still clamp down stuff to about 4 inches high... although it may be coming out the superclamp guide it still works.

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been using them for years with zero problems, something is off? It is easy to get someone to make you a new long one if you can not get it to work. Any machine shop, universal means may not work for all, haha

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
You triple checked your superclamp is not seized? I've had both old metal superclamp and new ones on factory Polaris skis with plenty of adjustment left.
It shouldn't be this hard

Sent from my iPad using

I agree. I have to regularly spray them with Kroil. The handle will go all the way up but the hook only drops about half way and the chain is a little slack. I have to give it a good smack to get it to drop down. I have the old black steel hooks and my clamps work on my Pro no problem.

Dutchman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just went and looked at mine. Superclamp2. The D-hook sits on a piece of plywood raised 3/4" above the main deck.
Also have the super glides.
The orange adjuster is a full 10 turns from the max line.
I agree, there's something wonky with your clamp. It's has to be getting stuck and not dropping down.

scottp

Reaction score
So,you have the deck floor and then another piece of 3/4" under the bolt? My Marathon deck is 3/4 " plywood and so are the slides. Add the glides and skis that are almost 4" tall and that brings the top of my skis almost 5" above the deck base. My hook is extended to the max line.
I am going to use a block of 3/4" plywood too and get rid of a pound of washers. I will still have the problem of not having a whole lot of thread for the nut though.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would suspect the super clamp is sticking,and not moving fully.if all is ok can make deck hooks easy,just weld a chain link on its side to a bolt to make hooks to what ever height you need

Superclamp

Reaction score
So,you have the deck floor and then another piece of 3/4" under the bolt? My Marathon deck is 3/4 " plywood and so are the slides. Add the glides and skis that are almost 4" tall and that brings the top of my skis almost 5" above the deck base. My hook is extended to the max line.
I am going to use a block of 3/4" plywood too and get rid of a pound of washers. I will still have the problem of not having a whole lot of thread for the nut though.

Can you please call me and I can help you figure out what is going on, 1-403-203-2210

Top Bottom