Superclamp Super glides vs X Glides

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i got x-glides on my sled deck, ramps and trailer. (4 boxes total) saved 30$ per box never had a single problem with them $80 per box of x-glides compared to $110 for super glides its worth it to me... unless you want to hit them over the top of a fire hydrant then by all means knock yourself out buy the super glides.:p

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are better made......little more pricey. But the customer service is second to none. Pop's bought some used one's to put on the trailer to accommodate the vintage sleds as well as his usual arsenal. He couldn't find any screws that really worked well for them (used didn't come with). So he asked at the sled show if he could buy a couple bags of screws. Guy said come back in 10 min. Came back, gave him 2 bags and the cost was a hand shake. Made him pretty happy that he bought new superglides for the trailer in the first place. Thanks superclamps. You guys are top notch.

Doo me

Reaction score
I had a bad experience also with Xglides on my trailer and ramp. They shattered in the cold when loading my sled. It was the old story of cheap guy pays twice. I saved $30 per box in the first place and ended up replacing them with Superglides, now the Superglides were really expensive as I wasted $320 on the Xglides. Xglides are not worth the hassle. The video shows the quality difference.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting. i would like to see a traction comparison. im not sure what i have on my deck but there not superglides. either way....they look just like superglides but the traction just isnt there.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yes, deck glides aren't made to be hitting fire hydrants. But just think about those chilly times loading and unloading and there is a bent carbide from that rock you hit on the last ride. It snags a corner, the cheap-o glides will crack and tear.

SuperClamp SuperGlides have the right amount of special polymer in the material to allow them to take the abuse that we subject them to. I like the statement that Doo me makes: "the old story of cheap guys pays twice?"

Randall and Don have been around the industry a long time and there are no short cuts or cheap crap. Like d mills says, "the customer service is second to none!"

DaltonW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I can keep Canadian money in Canada, and can buy canadian products with excellent warranty and awesome guys to deal with, I do. JMO. Randall and the crew at superclamps are awesome guys, and really for not much more $$ they have the best product on the market. Just so you guys know X-glides are a complete knock off of a company outta the states. Looked at x-glides and superglides and Princess Auto stuff, and for me the little extra cost for the best is worth it in the end.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score

• Join DateFeb 2012LocationAirdriePosts1,181
    Post Thanks / Like

[h=2]Re: Superclamp Super glides vs X Glides[/h]
    Buy the best once and be done with it........​

Speed is your friend, Horse power is your buddy.

• Post Thanks / Like

Thank for this postLike this postRecommend this postLove this post

• Premium Advertiser

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with X-Glides at all, but in the last handful of years, I've had close to 500 boxes of Superglides leave my shop. In that time, I replaced one piece that broke on a deck ramp, and that was while buddy was driving down a gravel road on a crazy cold day. Although I have never found the need to sh!tkick a fire hydrant with them, I would put my faith in the proven product, made by a proven company.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
interesting. i would like to see a traction comparison. im not sure what i have on my deck but there not superglides. either way....they look just like superglides but the traction just isnt there.
I had x glides on my trailer and even though they do have the traction knobs they still are slippery, went back to superglides on my deck.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had x glides on my trailer and even though they do have the traction knobs they still are slippery, went back to superglides on my deck.

ya that must be whats on mine. i cant even get my atv up the sled deck ramp LET ALONE if its a bit wet. i dont even trust walking down the glides. but one of my other trucks with superglides i can run up and down them all day long even when wet.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My x glides work fine. Can't say i have beat them on anything though.....

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be bad to fall through a cheap glide when stomping down your deck ramp on a cold day.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do they stand up for what they are designed for. You can do that test on a lot of running boards also and they are all going to bend so i dont see your point. It would make more of a point breaking them while in use for what they are intended not as a hammer.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how he decided to do the "torture test" on a fire hydrant? I work with guys kinda like this. They break a cresent wrench while pounding on something with it, then complain what junk XXX brand of wrench they used is.

How do they stand up for what they are designed for. You can do that test on a lot of running boards also and they are all going to bend so i dont see your point. It would make more of a point breaking them while in use for what they are intended not as a hammer.

Highfly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How many of us have hit the ramp a little too fast and got the skis in the air as we have loaded.... ME!!!! I've had guys look over at me in the parking lot as the skies came back down to earth on the trailer, it's makes quite the noise as the skies slap down onto the deck....I'd really like to see how that knock off would stand up in that environment. And that is using them for what they were intended for.

Last edited:
Top Bottom