Super Sidewinder 2018

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was going through the front end components, as it will be converted from its 40" stance to a 36" stance and i found that i was short changed one A

wouldn't it have been simpler to start off with a mtx instead of a crossover btx? mtx aleady has narrow front end, good track, better gearing..just curious..

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wouldn't it have been simpler to start off with a mtx instead of a crossover btx? mtx aleady has narrow front end, good track, better gearing..just curious..

There are so many ways to answer your question but putting it in a simple way. I ride "MY" ride not a factory ride(cookie cutter).
All my personal sleds have been builds from the mid 80's, some more then others. The only different now is i decided to post this build on a forum for the first time ever LOL.
Its a hobby and i enjoy it as much as riding and it carries a certain amount of pride knowing its unique or different.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had a few PM on question about the build, to those in question i will be going to CR tomorrow so i should be able to answer some of your questions soon.
Thanks for the patience.

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reuse for now. I'm not sure whats out there to replace it with i haven't looked and don't know if there is.
It cover's the fuel tank and the battery.

I contacted Murray at MM... Unfortunately he is not doing any seat for the foreseen year... Was really hoping as that's the only seat I ever used on my Apexs and Nytros. Maybe if there is a demand and enough guys ...

• Love
Reactions: sho

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you going to do for a power up? How many Hp? Cold air intake?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you going to do for a power up? How many Hp? Cold air intake?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

The cold air intake has given us no power increase on the dyno.
But it has been a great improvement in keeping the intake from plugging off in the deep powder.

Again talking to Chad at CR, they have been running the test mule all of Jan and 02 reading's are stable with both intake and pipe. The pipe only is showing HP increases on the dyno.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cold air intake has given us no power increase on the dyno.
But it has been a great improvement in keeping the intake from plugging off in the deep powder.

Again talking to Chad at CR, they have been running the test mule all of Jan and 02 reading's are stable with both intake and pipe. The pipe only is showing HP increases on the dyno.
So your leaving this sled at 200 ish HP?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So your leaving this sled at 200 ish HP?

Pretty much for now, i found that on my Nytro over 90% of the time i was running on low boost settings and just pump gas. On very few occasion i would dial up the boost to get up in the 245-250 range.
I will be installing the pipe and fresh air intake and go from there, you never know what i will do after that.
It is interesting that RS is running this setup also, no power up.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
OK not funny guys, who is the meathead that stole my tunnel???
DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0027_1.jpg

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lund you ride that thing before you ripped it apart? I remember years ago I bought a new m8 think it was in 2010 changed a few minor things my wife was like wtf you haven't even rode it and it's in pieces lol I'll be grabbing one of these bad boys in the very near future can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lund you ride that thing before you ripped it apart? I remember years ago I bought a new m8 think it was in 2010 changed a few minor things my wife was like wtf you haven't even rode it and it's in pieces lol I'll be grabbing one of these bad boys in the very near future can't wait!!

No more bumpers and headlights for you lol

sent while drinking tea's

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No more bumpers and headlights for you lol

Yeah right I'll rock that thing in the rubarb you healed yet? Joel wants to try it out might have to make the trip just want a sled that lasts more then a year...

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Harsh man hopefully the spring brings lots of snow for you

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The odometer says 0 LOL
No its never been in snow. basically from warehouse to my shop in the crate and apart it came. Its not the first time and probably wont be the last. Wife loves it.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not yet no, getting closer tho

KB said that there is a message for me from the doc. office, might be time for me. I need to call tomorrow and find out if I'm going in.

Top Bottom