Sundre Rally - Completed

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head'n up Friday night, possibly solo unless Cattleman16 joins me. Hopefully the signs will be posted by then 'cause I'm not sure I can remember exactly where this place was.

I'll text ya later today dean....looks like I have Friday off....wahoooo

Get up first thing in the morning and hit it....LOL Looks like the old kitty kat has a workout ahead of it....hahahaha

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Color me In......That looks like a blast. Anybody have a map or a link to one???
I'll even send you one of my very cool avatars for one.

Still no takers???? here is a sample of whats available in my library of avatars....
fat_guy.jpg

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never been so don't know, but there are pretty details instructions in a post up there somewhere...just google map it and you get a general idea. Should be signage in some form or another, the closer a person gets! Are ya plannin on day trippin it or weekending it?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can't remeber for the life of me where this blasted rally is, so I'm hoping the signs will be up by Friday night.

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never been so don't know, but there are pretty details instructions in a post up there somewhere...just google map it and you get a general idea. Should be signage in some form or another, the closer a person gets! Are ya plannin on day trippin it or weekending it?

My self and a pal will be just shootin out for the day...Hell even GPS coordinates for the staging area would be fine I'm sure we could figure it out from there.

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you go through Sundre and keep going west... about 7km before you get to bear berry the road turns north,right where the road turns north there is a gravel road heading west with signs follow that road and the signs. Thats where it was last year (I'm assuming the same location)

Last edited:

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just spoke with someone with the sfd and apperantly it is signed in already from 584 west through sundre

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes... if you were coming from the north, from Bearberry head south on 584 7or8 km or so 584 will turn east, right there where the road turns east there is a gravel road going west, follow that gravel road there should be signs.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well made it back in 1 piece from the rally. Good times. Whodeany, Kokanee, me , cowboy 16. Not sure where imdooin AMD company was but lots of good holes, pluged over heating quads, tons of sxs fixing chit every corner.

Not sure how many made it but there was lots and lots.

sent from my htc

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whooo hooooo! What a blast! Once again, you put on a wicked rally SFD dudes and dudettes.

Maybe next year I can return the favor and give Tex a tug or two.

Last edited:

Ron H

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great Rally The signage was excellent we made er through including that monster skeg/mud hole in the 1st quarter. (That was a doozy)

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not that bad. Been through way worse skeg.

Thought the signage from the highway sucked tho.

Small arrows and the one sign way off the road at a turn.

Lots of people went past it and had to turn around.

Tent was set up nice and even with lots of people keep up good.

sent from my htc

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great quad ralley! Had to help a broken arctic cat that was half way up a hill climb right in front of me... twice! 2 different machines!

drumud

Reaction score
Had a great time. So much fun and really nice people. Ive got a youtube video coming out soon on it. Too bad the camera died after 2end check point. But got some good pics and video. Too bad i broke my wheel baring day after going 70k down the road and wheel tryed too pass me. Good job too SFD

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did anyone find a Garmin 60cx GPS on the trail? Man, I can't believe I lost ANOTHER one!

Last edited:

Mik-B

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For my go pro, I used a 12" fishing leader as a tether. I can't take credit for the idea, I certainly saw it on some forum, but it works great. Might not work too well for the GPS, if you really want to move around with it, but might save you a few bucks.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my cam ect I use weedwacker line with shrink tube melted to both ends.

Cant pull it apart no made how hard u try

sent from my htc

Top Bottom