Sun Peaks Dec 23-28

SurveyGirl

Reaction score
I am taking the family to Sun Peaks for the Christmas holidays this year and recently bought 2 new Ski-Doos for work/fun and taking them with us over Christmas. Would like do some sledding at Sun Peaks and around Kamloops and could use suggestions where to go. If any local members have trips planned over the Christmas holidays in the area, and would not mind an Alberta family joining them, that would be great. Thanks.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a staging area just past the village, it is clearly marked on the maps available at the resort or on the website. If you are on work type sleds you would have to take the long way into the alpine as the other climb requires a bit of power and finesse. There is far more area to tour around in below treeline than in the alpine up there though.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am taking the family to Sun Peaks for the Christmas holidays this year and recently bought 2 new Ski-Doos for work/fun and taking them with us over Christmas. Would like do some sledding at Sun Peaks and around Kamloops and could use suggestions where to go. If any local members have trips planned over the Christmas holidays in the area, and would not mind an Alberta family joining them, that would be great. Thanks.

Just shoot me a note when u get up there and I can show you around ..........

SurveyGirl

Reaction score
Just shoot me a note when u get up there and I can show you around ..........

Thanks. I am getting a pair of new Expeditions with the ACE900 for work and am looking to get a good feel for them in a non-work setting. Was concerned about maybe riding in an area where I shouldn't be, since I do not know the area and giving local sledders a bad name.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I am getting a pair of new Expeditions with the ACE900 for work and am looking to get a good feel for them in a non-work setting. Was concerned about maybe riding in an area where I shouldn't be, since I do not know the area and giving local sledders a bad name.

The controlled recreation area is well marked up at Sun Peaks......with a cpl of Expeditions, u will be able to tour most trails and forestry roads up there and maybe even go bust up a few meadows....dont know about takin them up old horse trail or elevators to the alpine although......

SurveyGirl

Reaction score
Thank you Brian for showing us around at Sun Peaks. We had a great time sledding with you and took my sleds out a few times and knew where to go and play. You are an amazing trail guide :d. Drop you a message any time we are out near Kamloops

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wish I had brought my sleds here until the 02 of jan and the hill is fun but life is just not the same without my sled lol

Top Bottom