sun not rising in the east

recguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's what happens in the summer. Rises more to the north.

Well thanks for that. I never knew that. This morning I was driving in and going East and thinking wtf, why is the sun coming up over towards the north. Crazy. 2012 crazy.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thanks for that. I never knew that. This morning I was driving in and going East and thinking wtf, why is the sun coming up over towards the north. Crazy. 2012 crazy.

No problem. It sets more in the north too.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That's what happens in the summer. Rises more to the north.

and as an added note, on the longest day it is further north so we have actually lost a little already. In the winter it is the opposite!

If you get a chance to "go north", so to speak, the sun goes around in a circle and never sets. Now that's a neat concept but the friggin' skeeters......

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and as an added note, on the longest day it is further north so we have actually lost a little already. In the winter it is the opposite!

If you get a chance to "go north", so to speak, the sun goes around in a circle and never sets. Now that's a neat concept but the friggin' skeeters......

The longest day is around June 21st. The shortest day is in the winter and is around December 21st.

blar

Reaction score
That's why Alaska gets 24 hrs of daylight this time of year.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
That's why Alaska gets 24 hrs of daylight this time of year.

Not only Alaska, but anywhere north or south (also the same in the southern hemisphere) of a certain latitude at a certain time of the year. The further north the more days of 24 hours with the sun in the sky. The Yukon, NWT, and Nunavut in Canada all receive this phenomena. There is a difference with seeing the sun above the horizon for 24 hours and 24 hours of day light. It is a neat thing and the northern kids in some of the small communities that I've been in play all night and sleep whenever they are tired.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
'ere you go bud!

seasons.gif

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can fix it. Send me a cheque for whatever you have and within 6 months it will be rising from the east (well a bit southeast) again.

Top Bottom