summit670 help

summitkid600

Reaction score
my summit 670 x wasnt running right and i found out it had a bad plug so it was only running on one cylinder for awhile, so i put 2 new ones in and it fired right up and ran good but once i let go of the throttle it died. adn now when i try to start it it floods the one cylinder that wasnt running (clutch side), and the fuel is coming out where the carb connects to the engine., also there is a square box attached to the belly bellow the carbs i think its the fuel pump, when you turn the engine over it shoots gas out of the little hole on top of it looks like a breather. any ideas?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the diaphram has a whole in it, take it out and check, there are 2 plastic diaphrams inside. The hole on top should be dry with gas in the bottom 2 chambers. Fuel pump part # 403 901 200 or look on ebay if not in a hurry.

summit670

Reaction score
I was having the same proboblem on my summit 670. It turned out that when it gets that flooded out the bottom end gets filled up with gas the gas then goes through where the pulse from the engine should be. then the snowmobile won't even run. I turned the gas off then took out and dried out all of the gas lines and the fuel pump, It has worked perfect ever since. Good luck, hope this helps

summitkid600

Reaction score
i had the same problem turn your fuel of pull the exhaust off and plugs out and turn your engine over a bunch of times until all the fuel is out of the cylinder and mine runs top notch, if there is fuel in the case it will squirt out of that little hole in the fuel pump but it will stop once you clear the cylinder out

Top Bottom