Summit vs. MXZ

skoalman

Reaction score
I'm looking at 2000-2002. What are the big differences between a Summit and MXZ? I need to know cuz I'm looking at a 136 track in both and can't see much difference. :beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the mxz never came in a 136 as far as i know which means it has been stretched out. unless its a renegade model?

the differances are the cylinder heads--summit has higher compression for mountain riding

ski stancce---the summit is WAY narrower than the mxz

and those are the main differances. usually the tracks are completely differant but obviously not in your case.

what kind of riding you do should be the factor here

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a Renagade, best of both worlds. Summit Dpm with a 1.5 136 track, Mxz ski stance "wider"

Heres the wifes 02 Renageade

IMGP0580.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

skoalman

Reaction score
it is a renegade im looking at its for the wife, she now rides a 07 rmk 600 155 she is 4'11" and 125 lbs and the sled is too much for her to handle in the mountins, we use to have a 2000 formula 600 and she loved it but it was no good in the mountins, so thats why i want to back to the zx chassie, older summits are getting hard to find in edmonton.

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is a renegade im looking at its for the wife, she now rides a 07 rmk 600 155 she is 4'11" and 125 lbs and the sled is too much for her to handle in the mountins, we use to have a 2000 formula 600 and she loved it but it was no good in the mountins, so thats why i want to back to the zx chassie, older summits are getting hard to find in edmonton.

Don't let the picture fool ya , that is a Renagede, for some reason the last year they put summit stickers on them. It was a great sled, I had planned on putting a 144 2 inch on but she got knocked up so I sold both our sleds and bought me a new one. Her Gade sold fast, I think it was listed for 1 day, guy drove down and bought it.
I think it would do ok in the mountains with the 136 and beeing a 800, but it would be no chute climber. The only thing I would do next time is electric start and reverse.

For me my wifes next sled will be a XP 146/154 800. they are so lite and with the added floatation of the 16inch wide track they can slow down abit and make better decestions rather than have it pinned to try and make it.

Any way you go it is all good fun!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 2003 MXZ Renegade was available with a 136", the Adrenaline was a 121" the Summit Adrenaline was a 144" and the Summit Himark was the 151".

It was also the first year for the 2003 Rev Chassis in the MXZ Rev which was a 121but many people stretched it to a 144 to the first mountain sled in the Rev chassis.

The Summit is the mountain model, the MXZ is the trail/cross country sled depending on the track length.

If you want to ride off trail in the mountains. A 144 is the minimum most people would run. (some say 154!) But you can get around with a 144. If you never see the mountains, a 136 is nice for rough trails. Otherwise a 121.

Top Bottom