Summit Freeride- What you pay?

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey anyone have a summit freeride coming? How much did you pay and where did you buy it? So far beast price ive found is $16000 Out the Door.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
i thought you couldnt get a freeride unless you snowchecked it. no?

I thought the same...

And really, and dealers that do have one is likely someone who backed out of the snowcheck, or the dealer snowchecked in someones name just to have one to make some bucks on. If a snocheck backed out, there is an extra 500 on the deal, now the dealer adds another 500, and your 'good deal' doesnt look so good anymore.

I dont really understand guys that try to buy spring order models from the dealer, they never seem to be priced where they should, always way more than the snowcheck price. Maybe I am missing something here?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its the only time you get to pick the exact items you want i supose. and with the freeride there are quite a few

actually the freeride came with no options other than what colour wrap you wanted, otherwise you got a 154" with KYB pro shocks and racer handlebars and controls. They upgraded a bunch of stuff but there were no selectable options from what I could tell early this year.

The spring order models are a limited time release, typically why they are more.

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most dealers will snow check a few themselfs. Thats how I got my x for 09's

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
theirs 2 @ stojans in gp for $16800 i will stick with my 09 for one more year at that price, paid 13000 in 08 can't see what the extra 3800 is all about.

Reaction score
theirs 2 @ stojans in gp for $16800 i will stick with my 09 for one more year at that price, paid 13000 in 08 can't see what the extra 3800 is all about.

Its ridiculous the price, have no idea what all the extra money is paying for, but did't they change ski stance on the free ride like the xps, there suppose to be way more nimble then the older models maybe thats it?

Anyways seems pricey considering i snowchecked a m8 h.o last year for 13,600 and that was with 500 dollars cat cash, i think brp are reaming you guys, i like the brp sleds but there starting to get real pricey up around the range of a nytro but without the 4 stroke capabilities.

STOLLER99

Reaction score
Its ridiculous the price, have no idea what all the extra money is paying for, but did't they change ski stance on the free ride like the xps, there suppose to be way more nimble then the older models maybe thats it?

Anyways seems pricey considering i snowchecked a m8 h.o last year for 13,600 and that was with 500 dollars cat cash, i think brp are reaming you guys, i like the brp sleds but there starting to get real pricey up around the range of a nytro but without the 4 stroke capabilities.

Its the new engine, race chassis and shock. The $$$ you'll save on gas and oil it wont take long to make up the difference.

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll chime in here because I'm a sales guy at a dealer and snowchecked one for myself, and I just sold it for full retail, as I did not want to sell it because this sled is made for me(expert level motocross racer who loves to jump and charge stuff) I have been looking for one for another customer and myself and there are none out there available( I can do dealer searches on BOSS web.... good luck finding one and I mean that in the nicest way possible, perhaps you will luck out and somebody will not pick theirs up by the Chrismas and the dealer will sell it and keep some poor guys deposit, as stranger things have happened.

Since I just did a walk through on one all I can say is BAD ASS, and I'm pissed I sold mine as it's gonna cost somebody $ 20 000 to build one out of a regular summit of you'd be better off buying a MXZ -X and putting summit a-arms and a aftmarket skid and tunnel. Retail for one was 16299, the spring check rebate was $ 1000. If you can get a dealer to give you the rebate this late in the season your a very luck man.

After looking at the sled and looking at the parts fishe and manual, it is a MXZ X with skinny a arms and a long tunnel and shares really no parts with a summit. I did not really go out and price aftermaket suspension, but if you were to look at the cost of getting front shocks with a piggyback resivoir, and that have external high speed compression, external low speed compression and external rebound speed adjustment, plus massive shafts, and similar stuff on the rear, it makes the sled a bargian for a rider will the skill and/or balls to use the shocks/beefy chassis to it's fullest( going big and charging lines and trail whoops) If you are the type of rider who others stop and watch ride this sled is for you, if you are not you will be fine with an x....

Top Bottom