Summit 670X question.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have now had this happen twice this season.Start the engine after trailer into loading area,let it warm up(off the cold mark on gauge).Engine idles good,accelerates good then rpm drop to 2000rpm.It will do this until the engine is up to normal temp and for about 10min.Has now happened twice this season when starting below -15.Runs great after with no issues.I tried both DESS cords,no dofference.Anyone with an Idea?

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It may be just trying to rejet itself DPM, mine does it when it's cold also.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought that too but wasn't sure if anybody's sled has done it.Thanks for the reply.I will monitor it.

Big Al M

Reaction score
My 670 was doing the same thing. Someone told me to pull the plug wires and clean off all the carbon on the top of the plug before starting. It works.
If I don't clean off the carbon, it runs like crap.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Since the weather has warmed up,the problem is no longer present.This weekend we are heading up to Windermere to Toby Creek area,see how it does with the altitude difference from last trip out.Tanx guy's.

SummitBoy94

Reaction score
my 670 did the same thing for like a season all i did was clean the carbs and make sure the caps on the spark plug is not loose if so tighten it up and it should work fine or you might have some water in your gas make sure your carbs are adjusted right to just a half turn in or out will make in run like crap until its warmed up

pickler

Reaction score
does anyone know what your fuel mix ratio should be with oil injection deleted? i"ll be riding around 3000ft if that makes a difference.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone know what your fuel mix ratio should be with oil injection deleted? i"ll be riding around 3000ft if that makes a difference.

35:1

elevation will not make a difference

Top Bottom