Last edited:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Ouch thats hard on machines .... be fun to try on someone elses unit! :beer::d

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd love to try it myself but im gonna have to buy a machine first. what would you guys sujest for a 25 year old over weight fool thats never used a sled before what would you say is the best name ive been thinking about a doo but what CC should i go after i don't want anything big enough to kill me ... yet

xc_rider08

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'd love to try it myself but im gonna have to buy a machine first. what would you guys sujest for a 25 year old over weight fool thats never used a sled before what would you say is the best name ive been thinking about a doo but what CC should i go after i don't want anything big enough to kill me ... yet

i would say any 600cc... if u going to ride the mountains some and take your own sled than get a 144" or longer track.,.. but if u dont ride the mountains and are a trail rider then go with a 136".. i think doo's new track length is 137"

just my 2 cents, hope it helps:beer:

xc_rider08

mallard d69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say any 600cc... if u going to ride the mountains some and take your own sled than get a 144" or longer track.,.. but if u dont ride the mountains and are a trail rider then go with a 136".. i think doo's new track length is 137"

just my 2 cents, hope it helps:beer:

xc_rider08

most of the friends that ive met on here ride the mountains and im pretty sure i'd be joining them so you think 144 track and you think around 600cc
thanks for the tip now its just a matter of finding one for the right price
at least i got some time to look:d

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Get a summit 670 mallard.....thats what the wifes got...and now I want one

dooski

Reaction score

my suggestion would be not to go less than a 700cc

skime699

Reaction score
I would agree 700cc or more and 144 in mountains cinda short tracked i think few guys that i ride with have 144s and they hate it for mountains to short but u have to start some where if u havent rode much :mountainClimb:

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
a 144 its lots of track...........it wasn't that lond ago when a 136 was considered a long track. i managed to have a whole pile of fun. And hey when you are new to the game. being not so high and not so stuck is good when you have to ask others for a helping hand. too much track and too much power gets you were no one can help. but thats just my opinion. buy a sled ,any sled that is reliable and i can gaurentee you will bend your helmet from smiling so much.

94fordguy

I would suggest don't start out too big too soon, start with a smaller sled like a 6 or 700 in a 144... it will help teach you how to ride and will be cheaper to start out on. Once you ride that for a year you will kinda know what you need to to do handle a heavier more powerful machine. I started out on a 440 that was a joke for almost anything off trial, but when I bought my 800 a few of the basics were still the same and that helped me learn what to expect... I still learn something new about how to ride it every time I'm out and I have ridden it for 2 full seasons now, over 2,000 miles.

It is a kick, I'm hooked for life now, only wish I could have done it sooner:(:d:d:d

Top Bottom