Summer Mod Projects

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. its that time again. this season we will be building 5? 174/162 big bore xp/rev machines. all a little differant...as you will see most of these machines were heavily modified last season. this is just some deep snow performance we are adding now. parts are being ordered soo should be some updates soon

here is a thread for all the parts i have available for all machines. i will be updating this regularly

here are the candidates!

2010 163 xp everest.

- 163 challenger extreme track.
- small mods but still on warranty cant do much

2004 rev 151

- 174 2.5 challenger extreme
- possible 827 big bore
- tons of minor things! this sled is already insane with 50hp nitrous shot

2009 xp 146

- 162 challenger extreme 2.5
- timbersled mountain skid
-162 tunnel. not extended
- clutching
- ?

2008 xp 154

- bikeman 880 big bore
- big bore clutching

2008 xp 154

- new shortblock ( ouch )
- venting and minor mods

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boy, you are going to be busy for a while. I am only going to change my Summit to a 153x 2.25 Challenger track and 3 inch pitch drivers. I only have to clean up the Kitty Cat.

aabeware

Reaction score
maxwell have you ever done anything with a rmk? If not can you tell me why is it relibilty or your preference to do skidoo's

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maxwell have you ever done anything with a rmk? If not can you tell me why is it relibilty or your preference to do skidoo's

i have always kept with skidoo as i feel they are always ahead of the game as far as weight and chassis technology is concerned.

ive spent time on alot of other brands and just doesnt feel right to me. power, clutching, chassis, handling. everything. but that is my personal preference. there all good machines.

i like to try and pull power from a machine without a turbo. through big bores/exhaust systems and what not.

although i would like to pick up a efi cat or polaris and build a turbo sled. they are alot of fun!

i think all the brands are on par with reliability. skidoo gets a bad rap but there are ALOT of doos our there. we havent had one let us down yet that wasnt our fault. and yes they had engine problems in 07/08

but so has polaris.

you should try the polaris forum or performance modification garage on here. alot of knowlegable people on here that know what works for polaris

aabeware

Reaction score
thanks maxwell I just wondering looks like you do great work and have allot of knowledge with doos and others,understand your thoughts of other brands not feeling right for you as i have rode allot of other makes and i just do not feel comfortable on them. Thanks for your honest opinion

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
like to see updates of all your mods,the group i usuallly ride with all run summits,like you said they feel right.would like to hear which mods seems to work the best.

trailblazer

Reaction score
Are these for you and some buds,or for resale?I guess everythings for sale,but is that the reason you do these builds,or they're for yourselves?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will keep editing this post for items that come off these machines that are for sale.

here is the old set of 146 timbersled rails powdercoated black ( only work on timbersled )

here is a stock 2009 skidoo xp summit 2.25 track in good condition 146 length

set of 8 inch powdercoated billet wheels. also have the matching 6 inch ones but are not in as good of condition
100$ for the 8" and 40$ for the 6"

Top Bottom