Opinions: What is it worth?

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kicking around the idea of selling this machine... Wife requires knee replacement, so sledding days are pretty much over.
Sled is a 2013 Pro RMK 600 155 with 600 miles, has the following:
- Carl's Cycle 660 Big Bore: Pulls 62g Belly Buster weights at elevation, and has no problems with 800cc sleds - she went this route as she had doubts about the 800's reliability - these are truly a "pull and go" engine, no piggyback controller, has Carl's Cycle clutching as well
- C3 Belt drive with spare belt, geared down from stock, also has optional ratios
- Kmod rear suspension
- Kmod 37" front suspension with Evol R's
- Camoplast Challenger Extreme 2.5" track
- Fire and Ice Rear tunnel supports
- Fastrax front tunnel / bulkhead supports
- Polaris Extreme front and rear bumpers
- HPS can
- lightweight Ballistic Battery (sled has electric start)
- tether, tunnel and windshield bags
- skidplate
- not a scratch on the machine
Comments / opinions?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife had a hip replacement in 2012, still rides like she always had with no problem's, she's 57 and my 72 year old father had a knee replacement in 2011 and rides.
I wouldn't just call it quit's cause she having a knee replacement. They are a fairly straight forward surgery and recovery is extremely good with normality to doing pretty much everything you use to do.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do lots of damage to your knee during the surgery, according to a guy I know that had hip replacement.

aocbiz

Reaction score
Sounds like a nice sled.
with the bad snow year and the slowdown in work you probably will not get anywhere close to what you should.
keep it, she will recover then need one for next years epic snowfall anyway.
its probably worth $11G all day but it will be a tough sell. Good luck.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. After discussing it further we will keep the machine, partly due to the cost / time and effort in the build, and partly in the hopes that she will have a successful recovery so she may get some use out of it. It's paid for, and I would happily ride it myself if she doesn't - it is a VERY fun machine to ride.

McGrath

Supporting Vendor, Alberta Cycle
Reaction score
Do lots of damage to your knee during the surgery, according to a guy I know that had hip replacement.
Had new hip put in Sep 29, 2014 first time in ten years felt so good. First ride was January 6, 2015 was the best ride and no pain at the end of the day compared to how I suffered before. So personaly keep the sled she will want to ride more then she ever did in the past after the surgery. Take six months or more to heal real good but I couldn't wait like typical guy.

Top Bottom