sulastic rubber spring on 2016 duramax 3500

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Our 16 3500 srw long box is smooth on hiway bit choppy on gravel where did you get them.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Installed these on my new 2016 3500 duramax. What a huge difference it made in the ride. Takes the harshness out of the ride completely. Install was pretty simple.

Using a 1 ton for a daily driver sucks. Need to have a closer look at these. May need to come see since you're close.
Thanks for the info!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Using a 1 ton for a daily driver sucks. Need to have a closer look at these. May need to come see since you're close.
Thanks for the info!
Sure. Come have a look. Even take you for drive if you want. I ordered them online.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at them for other trucks awhile back. My chev rides pretty good compared to my last dodge so I am not sure they are worth it for me. I wish I could test drive them first and tow with them lol.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Will be towing the 4 place this weekend to Revy so will give a report. Orderd another set for a 13 duramax with the 1" drop. Will report how he likes it also.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So got these installed on our 2013 2500 duramax. Before his truck rode way worse than my as he had installed 2" drop on his truck so he could haul his fifth wheel. His truck was a spine buster. So he orderd the silastic shackles with the 2" drop to maintain his same ride height. So now it rides as smooth or smoother than mine. He says he can finally drink coffee in the morning without worrying about spilling everywhere. Didn't get a chance to pull a trailer yet as I couldn't make the last trip work.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When the time comes and I have some extra cash I think I will get a set. I've been paying more attention to the ride and more so after driving a f150 for two weeks while on vacation. I am going to do a bunch of research on them first though. I haul a heavy 41' toyhauler and I need to know that these won't be an issue.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been considering these for a long time and never read of an issue on the forums, fwiw.

I'd like a drop but with the 3500 gmc the second overload spring would be closer to loading. Niner, do you think a 2" drop would work just as well?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He's very happy with his ride. He had a 2" drop shackle on before and it rode horrible. The rubber shackle is amazing ride but it doesn't drop it as much as it claims. He is probably up 1" from before.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a set for a 2016 gmc but not putting them in 6.5hrs labour to install them on our truck so if any one interested in them let me know. Should have checked before i guess.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took me about 3 hrs to install mine. With a lift.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Price? Why aren't you installing them?

Not spending another 750 on labor to get them installed, had it in the dealer today and asked how long to change out shackles and fuel tank has to come out, springs have to come off its a big deal, its the type of rear springs on it, not up on this stuff so they are for sale.

Attachments

• Shacles.png
    Shacles.png
    320.7 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not spending another 750 on labor to get them installed, had it in the dealer today and asked how long to change out shackles and fuel tank has to come out, springs have to come off its a big deal, its the type of rear springs on it, not up on this stuff so they are for sale.
Was going to post and ask if this kit was just the rear shackle-mounts

No need to drop tank e.c.t if it's just the rear
I dont understand why they would take the springs out???

sent while drinking tea's

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should be just the rear shackles. Might have to raise the bed and cut the bolts?? Id have to go look at mine but should be straight forward.

Top Bottom