Suggestions on fifth wheel toy hauler?

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Looking for a fifth wheel toy hauler. I'd like to double tow my 19' jet boat, so I'd like to stay in the under 30 foot range. I have an '11 F-350 srw to handle the towing.

We tend to do more camping off the beaten path. At this point, we have an older truck camper (for sale cheap) but want something with a bathroom.

Ideally, I'd like almost all of it to be garage space. Its just me and wifey and the dog, so we dont want or need a pile of living space.

We have thought about a 25 foot fifth wheel and double towing for two quads and a side by side, or the boat. I do like the idea of a garage for storage, etc.

Any thoughts or ideas? Should I just buy an enclosed and camperize it?

Thanks!

Sofa king

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a pull trailer toy hauler last year so I haven't seen anything new for this year but I didn't see any fifth wheel toy haulers with large garages unless they were really big (too big to B train). Most of the smaller fifth wheels had 10 foot garages, I have friends with toy haulers so I know you can get them with 12' and 14' garages however they are big trailers again. Perhaps you could order one the way you want it from the factory (I know a guy who ordered a custom floor plan from Jayco). I too thought about the enclosed trailer option but all the premade ones I saw were stupid expensive and had small fresh water/black/grey tanks which was no good for me as I random camp a lot. To buy an enclosed and do all the mods yourself is likely going to be expensive not to mention take up a lot of your camping/riding time. It will probably cost at least as much as a toy hauler if not more.

There are some pull trailer toy haulers that don't have a separating wall so you can fit more stuff but that won't help you with the boat (plus I think the garage being separate is important not only for smells/mud but it is also nice if you do have friends or kids staying with you because its like having 2 master bedrooms for privacy).

The main things I would look for in a trailer are - large water/black/grey tanks non power awning (I don't like my power awning) separate garage entrance (it's nice to change riding clothes at the end of the day without tracking mud through the living space) lots of storage space (it fills up quick) and a fairly large fridge is nice too. Oh I really like the screen on the door on the back it's great for airing the trailer out or cooling it off at night before bed without having to run the generator for the A/C. Any how good luck with your purchase.

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best advice I can give you is search the internet and your local dealers for what you want an then go purchase in the States. You will not believe the money you will save. Our last fifth wheel was purchased through The Original RV Wholesalers - RV Sales, RV Parts, RV Dealer, RV Super Store Dealer, 5th Wheel, Forest River . There are many other places to purchase. Not sure of your final destination but you know that BC does not allow any type of trailer pulling trailer combo's, just to let you know.

My two cents...

Happy hunting.

Top Bottom