stupid winch

chezandy0

Reaction score
my stupid winch clicks when i try to go in or out and the winch doesnt do anythingany help would be appriciated

give_it_all_

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What kind of winch is it?

Maybe the gears are worn down and the teeth are just tapping something to make the clicking sound. Or the motor is dead and it is just the actuator clicking?

rocketron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check to make sure you have power to the motor. The motor is most likely filled with mud. Take apart and clean. Might need brushes in it as well.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a problem with my warn winch, so I took it apart cleaned it. I could here it trying to work but wouldn't. Took it apart again and realized that the drive shaft did not engage all the way in. Ordered up a new one and it works fine, if yours is a warn maybe give this a try. Good luck.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my stupid winch clicks when i try to go in or out and the winch doesnt do anythingany help would be appriciated

my stupid winch started doing the same thing a couple weeks ago. finaly going to take it apart and totally wreck it or else fix it today.

chezandy0

Reaction score
my power cable coming from the winch to the selnoid located by the fuel tank the main wire came undone from the gromette thanks for the info tho

Top Bottom