Stupid Enclosed Trailer Door Seals

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the trailer ready for what I hope to be another great sled season. The problem I have is the chitty stick on foam seal around the rear and v-nose doors. I replaced it all last year and it lasted not even half the season. Once you get the inside of the trailer wet from snow on the machines, then it freezes, you open the doors and all the seals pull off. The stick on foam seal is not cheap, and works like crap. I'm looking for other options, what does everyone else use?

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm getting the trailer ready for what I hope to be another great sled season. The problem I have is the chitty stick on foam seal around the rear and v-nose doors. I replaced it all last year and it lasted not even half the season. Once you get the inside of the trailer wet from snow on the machines, then it freezes, you open the doors and all the seals pull off. The stick on foam seal is not cheap, and works like crap. I'm looking for other options, what does everyone else use?

ive never had that problem
what kind of trailer do you have

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well my haulmark nevered had that problem i guess u get what u pay for well thats what i think :d i spray my foam with wd40 nevered had a prob with it sticking maybe this will help u out

Last edited:

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with the you get what you pay for. If I were to do it again I probably would go with something different. Not that this is a terrible trailer, it has seen upwards of 30000+ kms of crappy winter roads in the last 2 sled seasons and at least 20000km of summer use for various jobs(ie. quads, moving people, everyones your buddy when they need a trailer). Besides the seals and repainting the metal door frames its held up well, for a budget trailer. Actually know that I think about it, other than these seals causing me grief I would say this is a GREAT trailer. It's done everything the more expensive trailers do for less money, you gotta like that.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
go into a heavy truck trailer shop that repairs refridgerated units. get a door seal from them. may not be the same style but gauranteed not to stick and rip off. did you try a seal like what they use on a overhead door. stays on trailer when door opens when door closes has a lip style seal may work for ya. worked well with my uncles trailer that we use for hauling his 2 wheel drive pull truck around. no dust or rain gets in so i am sure no snow would either.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Use silicone spray on the seal or even wd40 works...... Door won't stick to the seal...... Spray the door seals after washing it, or after a few outdoor uses........ I just resealed all the doors on my trailer, and have already sprayed the seals.....

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. WD-40 never even crossed my mind, thats genius. It's finding the simple things like this that make this site awesome.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Use silicone spray on the seal or even wd40 works...... Door won't stick to the seal...... Spray the door seals after washing it, or after a few outdoor uses........ I just resealed all the doors on my trailer, and have already sprayed the seals.....

What seal material did you use Ric and where do you buy it?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
what seal material did you use ric and where do you buy it?

i am trying 2 types of seals......... One was from napa, and the other was a huge roll and it was only about $20.00 from advantage trailer!!!! I think it will last better than the napa seal.....time will tell!

Top Bottom