Street legal side by sides

honda450

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking lots lately about street legal side by sides. Any help or info with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Is it by community or is it all provincial. Just think about it guys. Going and getting the mail and groceries in our side by sides. I have seen it done and it was even legal, even though it was in montana. I think this a great time to get the ball rolling as the sled shows in saskatoon and edmonton are coming up in a month. To make our toys leagal they need brake lights and signal lights, easy kits to buy from ebay. Thanks

MuddPuddle

Reaction score
you will want to check provincal first then find out for each community to see if there are bylaws because I think they override provincial but check with the local cops if you want to be sure

nd4spd

Reaction score
I have been thinking lots lately about street legal side by sides. Any help or info with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Is it by community or is it all provincial. Just think about it guys. Going and getting the mail and groceries in our side by sides. I have seen it done and it was even legal, even though it was in montana. I think this a great time to get the ball rolling as the sled shows in saskatoon and edmonton are coming up in a month. To make our toys leagal they need brake lights and signal lights, easy kits to buy from ebay. Thanks

Everything is legal in Montana..

I saw a community maintanance Gator in my neighborhood ripping around and I was thinking about checking into it as well and the police patrol the community too.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know....... Not much different than an older VW dune buggy, and a SXS is very similar. Just might not meet the emission codes???
they pass the california emission bs trashman. i think the big deal is importation of vehicles into canada is they must have a crash test rating. be fun to slam 900 rzr low with street tires though. maybe hit the paved oval for a few laps too!

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Friggen city of Airdrie workers ride all over town in their gators and whatever else they have. Why are they exempt from laws but joe public cant ??
BS if ya ask me.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is bs that a very "select few" can use them for work purposes. Same ol' deal though, can't fight city hall or the gov for that matter.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Ya it really does pizz me off though. Make the rules for everyone to follow not just some azz hat to pick up garbage bags in the parks
And they drive down the sidewalk to but I got chit for riding my bicycle down the side walk.
Or can't ride a sled / quad down the ditch of the hi way. There's way to many rules in society now. It's a joke really

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont kno teeroy looks like it might come
golf carts don't have a locked rear differential, but it would certainly open the door if they were allowed on the streets. many US states won't allow UTV's or quads on the roads because they don't have a slip rear diff, the new electric commander has one so it can be allowed on the streets in the states that allow them.

Top Bottom