storage??

2010rmk800144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i ended up buying a 2012 switch assualt 2.0, and just wondering what everyone is doing for storage, i seen polaris's new bag but i aslo want the option for carrying fuel, i was looking at the powder keg but wow what a price lol, and i noticed the warning for no more than 15 pounds on the tunnel? is it a big deal or no? let me kno what you guys are doing for storage and fuel, post pics if u can!!

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running this bag and just a gas rack with tie down straps for a jerry can. Drop gas at cabin and giver

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also bought the Sled Solutions underseat bag, very nice, hope it keeps stuff dry as advertized. I had the Polaris bags on my Dragon and would not recommend them, the zippers froze up and everything inside got soaking wet.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also bought the Sled Solutions underseat bag, very nice, hope it keeps stuff dry as advertized. I had the Polaris bags on my Dragon and would not recommend them, the zippers froze up and everything inside got soaking wet.

Soak the Polaris bags with waterproof spray, then they're good.. That's what I had to do.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Rode 2 days Revy bottomless powder with mine and it did get wet inside. It was not soaking wet though, probably just condensation from being on the tunnel. I'm happy with the bag overall, well worth it.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and i noticed the warning for no more than 15 pounds on the tunnel? is it a big deal or no?

Big deal YES I was overloaded and tweaked my tunnel on a very harsh landing. It was totally my fault but I would pay close attention the the weight limit.

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i ended up buying a 2012 switch assualt 2.0, and just wondering what everyone is doing for storage, i seen polaris's new bag but i aslo want the option for carrying fuel, i was looking at the powder keg but wow what a price lol, and i noticed the warning for no more than 15 pounds on the tunnel? is it a big deal or no? let me kno what you guys are doing for storage and fuel, post pics if u can!!

I know it is costly but this has got to be the slickest simplest system with good cargo capacity, 2 gal fuel storage and secures tight and won't come off unexpectedly. This is my sled with it on. I have more install picks if you want to see more detail. Let me know.
100_0656.jpg

500efisks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
100_0659.jpg This is the 2 gal fuel container. Very tough material. Just slides under the seat.
100_0660.jpg This is the fuel container removed showing what it looks like. Designed to sandwich a collapsable shovel (shovel must be ordered with the system to fit).
100_0656.jpg This shows the cargo container mounted on top of the fuel container. Holds the fuel container in place and the cargo container fastens with slick 1/4 turn latches that grab onto a bracket. The brackets bolts to both sides of the tunnel and uses the existing running board stiffener bolts.
100_0658.jpg Lid on cargo container has a 1/4 turn latch that is high quality IMO. This will hold my Bunge, a water bottle, extra goggles, and room to store extra cloths I remove (layers).

On the 155 and up sleds the fuel container is 2.5 gal and the storage is much larger since there is more tunnel area to mount it.

Check out the powderkeg.com site.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went with the Sled Solutions under seat bag (after I got the Polaris bag from the dealer and decided it was a major POS) and a Mountain Addiction gas rack. Mounted the rack rails centered on the footboard supports so it should have enough support.

Top Bottom