Stop the ban of motorized traffic on the Kettle Valley Railway (KVR)

QuadNorth

Reaction score
Website
plus.google.com
Stop the ban of motorized traffic on the Kettle Valley Railway (KVR) - Petition Online Canada

Please support this and keep this trail open to all users.

"Quote"
ACTION PETITIONED FOR:
We, the undersigned, are concerned citizens are concerned summer motorized recreationists who use the Kettle Valley Rail Line, urge our leaders to retain the current and historical mixed use classification (both motorized and non motorized recreation) of the rail line and work towards having the various recreational users collectively get along as happens in other provinces. As concerned motorized recreations we do not want to lose riding experiences that are currently accessible only by the KVR in order to cater to the exclusive use of cyclists who feel they cannot share the trail.

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this, i have signed and hope many more do as well. Many years ago i had the pleasure of driving my pickup truck on a small part of this railline over some large intact trestles etc.,and it was amazing. I can only imagine doing the whole trail on an ATV.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Signed....used to ride dirt bikes above naramata all the way to kelowna.What a beautiful place,one of my all time favorites.

tripster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new princeton town council has now banned atv use on the kvr with in their boundaries. I ride the area 2-3 times per year and like lots of other lower mainland riders am boycotting spending any of my vacation dollars in princeton and have sent a letter to council stating why I won't be spending any money in their town.

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to ride the KVR up in behind Kelowna back in the mid 70's on a Yamaha 125 MX. The tracks were still in place then. We flew over the trestles, (the ones that burned down in the forest fire) with no guard rails in place. Tires doing the da da da da da da da at 50 mph over the ties. Yippee, I remember it clearly. Lucky to have survived!

Last edited:

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, I used to ride it from Rock Creek BC to The Blue Berry Paulson summit on dirt bikes....

Top Bottom