Stony Plain Chrysler

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is anybody up that way close to Stony Plain Chrysler? I have found a truck there but don't really want to drive 5 hrs to see something that the salesperson has told me it's really nice, to get there to see he omitted all the ding and dent pics. It is an 07 Mega cab, loaded w/ leather, dvd, and all the other crap that goes along with them. My only concern is the 140,000 km. So it's basically only got 20,000 km left on the engine warranty. Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will buy you a beer or two or three. Thanks Mark (403) 548-1735:d

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I will be out of range for a few days, If when I return it stilll needs a look... I will Pm U & go take a look !....

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would be greatly appreciated. Not to many trucks down this way for sale right now and this one has everything I want in it. From the pics he sent me it looks not to bad at all. One little ding under the pass side mirror and a bit of chrome peeling off the grill. Thanks once again Mark:d

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you hell bent on a dodge or willing to look at other brands of trucks as well?
I have a 2003 F-350 Lariat with 99,000 km on it and a sled/Quad deck on it. Truck is in mint condition in and out. Its only been used for hauling quads and sleds. Never been chipped but it does have a 4'' exhaust and a cold air intake. I will sell truck with deck for $25,000 or just truck for $23,000. That is a firm price. I have the tuck listed for 25k.

Cheers

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i work about 3 blocks away i will try to sneek away today and take a look at it for you.

08154XP

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heritage Chrysler in Lacombe has an 08 Mega Cab 3500 Laramie with 50k. You can go to their website at heritagechrysler.com to look at pictures. The truck has aftermarket rims and tires, aftermarket tail lights and hood scoop, vent shades etc etc. Have a look.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are you hell bent on a dodge or willing to look at other brands of trucks as well?
I have a 2003 F-350 Lariat with 99,000 km on it and a sled/Quad deck on it. Truck is in mint condition in and out. Its only been used for hauling quads and sleds. Never been chipped but it does have a 4'' exhaust and a cold air intake. I will sell truck with deck for $25,000 or just truck for $23,000. That is a firm price. I have the tuck listed for 25k.

Kinda of a Dodge fan, but if the right truck shows up then it just might be. Send me some pics , lets have a look at her and go from there. Must be a diesel though.:d

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a 5.9 or 6.7? Curious if it's a 6.7 if you've done the research about them. With that many miles it's probably not a lemon, but there's a lot of them out there with a ton of problems. Dodge's aren't very good, but the Cummins is unbeatable, only reason I bought one.

What are you so picky about that you are having a hard time finding one? There are SO many for sale right now. I wouldn't trust a word out of the dealers mouth, even now they are still operating the same theiving way.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it a 5.9 or 6.7? Curious if it's a 6.7 if you've done the research about them. With that many miles it's probably not a lemon, but there's a lot of them out there with a ton of problems. Dodge's aren't very good, but the Cummins is unbeatable, only reason I bought one.

What are you so picky about that you are having a hard time finding one? There are SO many for sale right now. I wouldn't trust a word out of the dealers mouth, even now they are still operating the same theiving way.

I want the mega cab, with leather, the Laramie edition. Want the 5 seater not six so you have the big center console. Most of the ones I am finding are the SLT so depending on if it's the upgraded model or the base SLT decides the consoles, whether it is floor shift 4X4 or electric on the dash. Color is not to important, but where I work we already have a black lifted mega cab, a white stock mega cab so would like to be a bit different. I want the 5.9l motor not the 6.7l. I have had dodges since 1990 and never had to many problems with them(except tranny's). If anybody knows of someone wanting to get rid of it I would rather buy private then at a dealer. But for now he has the make, model, and the options I want. Thanks Mark:d

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's good choices for sure. My 04 hasen't been terrible, just stupid little problems that annoy me, and cost a fortune to fix....

I will keep my eyes open.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only have one pic of the truck here at work and see if more pic's can be made available. Forgot to mention that the F-350 is a buddies truck that he wants to sell. It is a diesel.

P6020161 (Medium).jpg

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stopped and looked at the truck last night. not to bad for high ks. couple small scratches under r/f headlight. wheel wells look good not much gravel roads. new tires and all steering components on front rear tires about 40%. interior looks really good for 140k. could not see any wear marks in driver seat or steering wheel. had 1 small cut, aprox1/2 to 1" long in right rear seat. no dents. box liner is spray in and is in very good conditon. not bad depending on what they are asking. milage of a 6 yr old truck only worth a 4 to 5yr old pricing i say. hope this helps.if price is right definitly worth the drive to look at.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stopped and looked at the truck last night. not to bad for high ks. couple small scratches under r/f headlight. wheel wells look good not much gravel roads. new tires and all steering components on front rear tires about 40%. interior looks really good for 140k. could not see any wear marks in driver seat or steering wheel. had 1 small cut, aprox1/2 to 1" long in right rear seat. no dents. box liner is spray in and is in very good conditon. not bad depending on what they are asking. milage of a 6 yr old truck only worth a 4 to 5yr old pricing i say. hope this helps.if price is right definitly worth the drive to look at.

Thanks magnet:) He was asking 33,900 plus taxes and Documentation. Told him I wanted it all for 30,000 and was told no way, won't happen. The best he could do was 34 and change with everything. So I will go quadding this week-end and give him a call next week and see if he still has it. Meanwhile I am still looking for the right truck. Thanks all Mark:d

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Probably better off passing, sounds like a lot for only 140k. A perfect truck they won't want to much more for, there prices are just dumb.

Also you could consider going to an auction like Michener Allen, they go quite a bit cheaper, probably save like 5-8k.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d
Probably better off passing, sounds like a lot for only 140k. A perfect truck they won't want to much more for, there prices are just dumb.

Also you could consider going to an auction like Michener Allen, they go quite a bit cheaper, probably save like 5-8k.

That was the exact truck I was looking for. But with only 20,000 km left on the motor for warranty and none on the drivetrain I will hold out and see if he will come up with something better or I will wait for the next Auction or two to see what they have. It's a good thing our families all live very close together and have a few extra vehicles around

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got to agree with cyle on this one even 30 weems like alot to offfer for it with that many kms.good luck if isee anything i will pm you with a link to it.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea man just hold out for something that was taken care of. My 04 has 130k on it and besides for one tiny dent in the top of box rail, it looks like it came from the factory inside and out. I got it at 95km and the PO took very good care of it, factory steering, and front end nothing worn out yet. Funny thing is nearly the same truck, just in quite a bit worse shape 1 year newer, the dealer wanted 3k more for :rolleyes:

There is the odd auction in Edmonton/Calgary with TONS of newer diesels. Many mega cabs to.

Just a reference when my mom was looking about a year ago 08 3500 mega, every single option, they wanted 52k OTD. Probably would do like 48k now. So paying $34k for a truck with that many miles doesn't seem like a good deal to me.

arcticdodge

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found another truck today in Lethbridge. It is in excellant shape inside and out, not a mark on it. It is an 06 Dodge Ram MegaCab Laramie edition with the 5 seats, big console, sunroof, dvd, heated leather, sliding rear window, infinity stereo. And god only knows what else. But here is the kicker once again it is an 06 with 153k. So the motor has only 7k of warranty left. But they are going to give me another 160,000 km of warranty so it would be good until 313,000k. It is one of the nicest looking ones i have seen for sale. But the asking is 38g :eek:. What is a truck like this worth? No lift, or tires on it, no fender flares. it does have nerf bars, spray on liner. Any help thanks:d

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Too much $$, 26k-30k at best with that kind of mileage on it.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ask the salesman and sales manager if they both would like to receive a kick in the nuts... You can buy a new truck for that price. Car salesmen are all a bunch of 2 faced crooks. Tell you your truck is only worth this much and then they put it on the lot for a substantially higher price than they offered on trade.

Hmmm.. Wonder what my '04 quad cab Laramie 2500 cummins would be worth then?? Full load w/ power sunroof, blade runner intake, afe stage 2 cold air intake, 4" turbo back afe exhaust, running boards, fender flares, new M55 Toyo tires in December, pillar gauges, extra rear leaf, firestone ride rite air bags, Line X box liner and just turned over 85,000 km's. Truck hasn't had a chip or programmer in it cause I could make up my mind on what to buy so I bought a new hunting rifle instead.

Top Bottom