Stolen

bssummitx

Reaction score
Sitting in Valemount, can't sled as planned - some assholes felt entitled and stole our trailer and sleds last night!!

25b9292dc573aea872e27b5d201253e2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

rebel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Post a description so we can be on the lookout.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Did they cut the locks? How'd they steal your trailer? Where was it parked? This info will possibly help us all in preventing future... Also, do you have any pics you can post of you trailer and sleds?? Might help to locate the stolen items?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bssummitx

Reaction score
White enclosed Circle J trailer, single axel. They cut the lock right off. Sleds are Ski Doo, 2008 Summits, both black and white.
Stolen from road in front of the Ramada Inn (different name now - Canada's Best Value Inn

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow.. rite on the main drag. that's ballsy! fawkers are getting out of hand. On the up side I guess you get new sleds this year!?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sitting in Valemount, can't sled as planned - some assholes felt entitled and stole our trailer and sleds last night!!
Sorry for your loss.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Danbot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you have made a facebook post, post us a link so we can all share it and hopefully catch the m***** f*****s

I've lost 2 Pro's in the last couple years, feelin your pain

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's the craps, a few us know your pain brother !!!

We got hit once in Velmont when 1 sled went missing as they got 1 sled.
Then again in Innisfald with 2 sled.
Out 3rd hit was a near miss as they did not get any of the 4 sleds since they could not fire them up.

Game plan went into action after that.
Trick was to diable truck so it would not start.
Wheel lock 1 tire on trailer with farm built wheel chock "heavy duty" that would of taken them all night to remove.
Pull key-fobbs on sleds as well lock them down.
Sled motion alarms on each unit.
Trailer in-side screemer alarm.
Truck alarm.

The alarms did go off once in a while over the next 6 years of sledding BC and once in Hinton. But the whole show remained in tacked with buckle-up lock-down program that we implemented, plus we prevented others folks from break-inns as our riggings would scare the crap out of them when horn, loud speaker screemers would go off.

Trick is to make it not worth their while coming close to our rig and others making it a failed atempt when they show up. If evryone jumped on board by slowing them down, then this missing stuff would be next to nill. At least it would slow them down in the process.

Sorry to hear.

Last edited:

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
****ty luck... How big was the logo on the trailer? i.e. Would a guy be able to see it from westbound lane of Yellowhead if it was headin east ? Will keep eyes open. Hope you get ur stuff back and they catch the pr#$ks...

LINZ

Reaction score
wow.. rite on the main drag. that's ballsy! fawkers are getting out of hand. On the up side I guess you get new sleds this year!?

They are not all that ballsy. Actually found cops that are more useless than the Edmonton Police Service. The ones or one in Valemount apparently doesn't work nights or mornings. Before 8am you get a message to call back after 8. After 8, you get forwarded to a call center. The officer will then contact you when he feels like it, 11hrs after first reporting the fact in this case. They never actually even come out. Even if you saw the "crooks" hooked up and leaving with your trailer, no one would come and chase them down or possibly forward a bulletin ahead to McBride or Kamloops or anywhere along the route. If it doesn't involve handing out a ticket or imposing money generating fines NOBODY cares about your $hit. With that kind of deterrent it is no wonder thieving ba$tards are willing to take the chances.

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are not all that ballsy. Actually found cops that are more useless than the Edmonton Police Service. The ones or one in Valemount apparently doesn't work nights or mornings. Before 8am you get a message to call back after 8. After 8, you get forwarded to a call center. The officer will then contact you when he feels like it, 11hrs after first reporting the fact in this case. They never actually even come out. Even if you saw the "crooks" hooked up and leaving with your trailer, no one would come and chase them down or possibly forward a bulletin ahead to McBride or Kamloops or anywhere along the route. If it doesn't involve handing out a ticket or imposing money generating fines NOBODY cares about your $hit. With that kind of deterrent it is no wonder thieving ba$tards are willing to take the chances.
Wow. Now I wasn't expecting to hear that. Not suprising tho I must say.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Flyer

Reaction score
An elderly couple was just settled down for bed when the old man realized he left the lights on in the greenhouse in the back yard. Then they heard voices. Three men had broken into the greenhouse. Scared, they called the police. The dispatcher replied, he would send an officer as soon as one became available as they were all out on calls. The old man waited for a few minutes and called Dispatch again. He told Dispatch, "Don't worry about sending an officer, I shot the robbers and now the dogs are eating their bodies!" In no time at all, police were all over the place and captured the robbers red-handed! One of the cops asked the old man, "I thought you said you shot the robber and your dogs were eating them. " The old man replied, "I thought you said, there weren't any officers available."

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

It was great to meet you at Clemina, I'm still pizzed at your story and feel your pain having had all my sledding gear stolen a couple of years back. It just sucks,as you said, that lowlifes feel they have a right to our hard earned toys.
Please email me your photos and I will add them to this thread.
Sledbunnyracing@gmail.com

Sledding "Just Do It"

bssummitx

Reaction score
Thanks , I emailed a couple pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom