Stolen super duty questions

SRJD

Reaction score
I owned a 2005 f-350 all jacked up the works and it got stolen from me on the jobsite in calgary and they didnt find it for a month and a half so in the mean time i picked up a 2008 and spent a whole wack of money on a lift rims tires etc thinking that it has the chip in the key noone would touch it well i was wrong went to the movies and came outside and once again my door lock was punched out it cost 400 bucks to get it fixed cause they had to paint it and what not....anyways is there anything i can do to prevent this any little tricks cause an alarm doesnt seem to help tgo much i was thinking maybe put a rear door handle on the front so there is no lock to punch out .....at the end of the day if they want to get in they are going to but i mean with these licks so easy to get punched out there has to be something i can do cause this is happening to me too much!! i dont feel safe turning my back on the thing for two minutes anyways any help would be appreciated thanks

SLEDJED

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dont know what to say about the locks, maybe mount some sort of blow torch under the cab thats connected to the alarm. lol. A guy I know has had the same problems, after the first time his truck was stolen he installed a fuel shutoff switch under the dash. Hasn't been stolen since, but broke into lots. They cant take the truck so they take all his stuff. Maybe Ford needs to put in an immobilizer to stop this, or maybe they did in the 08's.

Last edited by a moderator:

SRJD

Reaction score
yeah the 08 comes stock with immobilizer so the stolen part im not worried about but i mean every time it gets broken into it costs 400 bucks plus what ever gets stolen from my personal belongs thats why i was thinking to get rid of the door lock then they cant get in unless they break a window kinda like when ppl shave there door handles and they have a switch hidden under the vehicke to unlock it incase there battery dies but is that to much work i say no if it keeps getting broke into its just too frustrating

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Installing rear door handles without the key lock and delete the linkage from the key tumbler to the latch, will prevent any b&e's into the truck.... They look for the doors with the tumblers, because they can be turned with a screwdriver when they punch just under the handle ass'y in the right place. We have done this for some customers and they haven't had any problems since......... Just be sure your remote entry system always functions properly!

SRJD

Reaction score
dont mean to ask stupid questions but what do you mean by tumbler and what happens if your battery dies then how do you get in?? thanks

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The theives only break into the doors with the key tumblers(cylinders) in the handle assemblies .....
If the battery dies, then you're hooped..... Maintain the remote batteries and vehicle batteries properly, and you should be okay. Don't leave the lites on!

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the 08's are a hot item for theves! I had my door handle broken in the walmart parking lot in Ft Mac a couple months ago good thing for the alarm went off.
there getting balzy now it was in the middle of the day parked where every drives in.

Do all of the 08 S/D come with a chipped key? i didnt think they were

Summitric how much to get the door handle changed?
I dont want to lose my truck this winter sleddin!
thanks

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
ya the 08's are a hot item for theves! I had my door handle broken in the walmart parking lot in ft mac a couple months ago good thing for the alarm went off.
There getting balzy now it was in the middle of the day parked where every drives in.

Do all of the 08 s/d come with a chipped key? I didnt think they were

summitric how much to get the door handle changed?
I dont want to lose my truck this winter sleddin!
Thanks

are yours chrome or black finished handles?? I BELIEVE ALL THE '08'S HAVE CHIPPED KEYS, THAT'S WHY THEY HAVEN'T BEEN STOLEN YET. SMART THEIVES COULD MODIFY A TRANSPONDER SYSTEM TO OVERIDE THEY KEY SENSOR, THOUGH, AS USED BY THE REMOTE START COMPANIES............... HMMMMMMMMMM, SUMMITRIC'S MIDNITE TRUCK WRECKERS.......... HMMMMMM, LOL, BAHAHAHAHA

Last edited:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Ummm how bout not buying a Ford ;)

MURM, YOUR'E HIJACKING A SERIOUS THREAD................... LOL :d ..... ACTUALLY FEEL FOR ALL THE FORD OWNERS, AS I HAD A F350, AND IT WAS ALWAYS IN THE BACK OF MY MIND ABOUT THE POSSIBILITY OF BEING STOLEN!!!!!!!!!!! WISH THEY COULD CATCH ALL THOSE CROOKS AND BREAK ALL THEIR FINGERS SO THEY COULDN'T STEAL ANOTHER VEHICLE!!!!!!!!!

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The lifted Fords all dressed up with bling attract thieves like flies to ch!t. The newest way to break into a ford is to take a tennis ball with a hole in it. Place the hole over the lock and hit the ball hard w/ hand. The air pressure is enough to unlock the door and only takes seconds and with next to no damage.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
The lifted Fords all dressed up with bling attract thieves like flies to ch!t. The newest way to break into a ford is to take a tennis ball with a hole in it. Place the hole over the lock and hit the ball hard w/ hand. The air pressure is enough to unlock the door and only takes seconds and with next to no damage.

WE JUST TRIED THAT ON ONE OF THE FORDS IN THE SHOP, AND NEVER WORKED:(... HEARD THAT BEFORE TOO, BUT CAN'T SEE IT WORKING BECAUSE THE TUMBLER AND LOCKPINS INSIDE THE TUMBLER AREN'T REALLY ANGLED TO CAUSE THE SHAFT TO ROTATE INSIDE THE TUMBLER.....I SUPPOSE IF JUST THE RIGHT KEY COMBINATION ALLOWED FOR A BIT OF A RAMP FOR THE AIR TO CAUSE THE SHAFT TO TURN, IT MIGHT WORK???:eek:

SRJD

Reaction score
i talked to my insurance guy and two 08 with chipped keys were stolen in edmonton they figure someone had an in with the dealership or something anyways summitric i have red painted door handles they came like that from the factory so wouldcould i just get this done at the dealership or what do i do?? thanks agian

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Just talked to my ford dealer parts supplier and he said you should be able to order back door handles and get them painted to match and replace the front ones and just delete the key to latch rod...... Then you are solely using the key fob to unlock doors....... I would try one of the rear handle ass'y in the front before i would say for sure and before getting them painted, just to find it doesn't fit. All the older superduties up to 2007 you could interchange the handles........ Good luck, and keep us in touch.

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WE JUST TRIED THAT ON ONE OF THE FORDS IN THE SHOP, AND NEVER WORKED:(... HEARD THAT BEFORE TOO, BUT CAN'T SEE IT WORKING BECAUSE THE TUMBLER AND LOCKPINS INSIDE THE TUMBLER AREN'T REALLY ANGLED TO CAUSE THE SHAFT TO ROTATE INSIDE THE TUMBLER.....I SUPPOSE IF JUST THE RIGHT KEY COMBINATION ALLOWED FOR A BIT OF A RAMP FOR THE AIR TO CAUSE THE SHAFT TO TURN, IT MIGHT WORK???:eek:

MMM...may we should go out and try it again in the parking lot at sud's night..:rolleyes:

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did anyone try putting on the rear door chrome covers on the front door the rear doors don 't have key holes it would look good and deture the thieves put metal glue on to hold better

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
did anyone try putting on the rear door chrome covers on the front door the rear doors don 't have key holes it would look good and deture the thieves put metal glue on to hold better

don't think they'll fit, because the dimple for the key??? Never tried that, it's too tacky looking and they tend to fall off.... We replace the whole assembly usually, because they are quite cheap using the aftermarket body suppliers(chrome or black and even some color handle ass'y)

Cameo

Reaction score
For the instances when you forget your lights on, which I do a lot, would the Warn remote cables for a winch not allow you to boost the truck with out lifting the hood? I thought they made a quck connect for booster cables.

Top Bottom