Stolen Red Dodge ram 3500 from west end

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Posting to see if anyone happens to see my truck. Stolen from petro canada on 156 st and 95 ave at 10pm tonight headed north. It's a 2013 Ram 3500 Red with Wolf Excavating decals on rear windows plate is 04N810. If anyone has any information please call/text me at 780-901-7384.

I will post a list of tools as the rear seats were removed and back was filled with tools that may pop up for sale. Red 100 gallon slip tank in box also.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That sucks ! Hope you get your truck and tools back.
Do you have any pictures?

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here’s the best I got right this second. No trailer was attached, this was before decals were on also.

Attachments

• 7D1B02DC-68F6-47D0-9712-6C891A1C416C.jpg
    7D1B02DC-68F6-47D0-9712-6C891A1C416C.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 393

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this, hopefully they just drove to there location and left it. And you get back, will keep an eye out for it.

I'd bet 99% chance it was someone who took it for a ride and will realize they hit the jackpot when they look in the back. Easily $15k+ in tools that I am sure will not be there thankfully I have coverage on them but it's going to be a nightmare trying to remember like the 500 things in there. Going to be calling the close by pawn shops in the morning. Got home and no one here as address is on insurance/registration and door opener in truck.

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
Left it running, stupid I know. But it was locked. Fawking wasn't gone 2 minutes.
**** happens. Did u have a second key or do you use the keypad? I can’t figure out how to leave mine running unless I use remote start.

It’s not funny I know but I picture you, full armload of stuff, coming out of the store with nachos with cheese, a corn dog, candy bar, large pop, pack of smokes and lottery tickets. You come out and go “where tf is my truck? Dayamn! I think my truck just got stolen! Faaaawk me!”

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
**** happens. Did u have a second key or do you use the keypad? I can’t figure out how to leave mine running unless I use remote start.

It’s not funny I know but I picture you, full armload of stuff, coming out of the store with nachos with cheese, a corn dog, candy bar, large pop, pack of smokes and lottery tickets. You come out and go “where tf is my truck? Dayamn! I think my truck just got stolen! Faaaawk me!”

Second key. I keep one set in truck in console at all times for ignition, use other set to unlock doors. Now i'm realizing that is probably dumb. Yea that's exactly it. My first thought was did I park somewhere else? Then I realized nope there is nowhere else to park here. There was a delivery truck there with driver sitting in it but he said he didn't see anything. Cameras don't show that side of the building, they just showed it leaving the lot.

I'm just hoping it's found soon. I have fawking EVERYTHING in there. Not even the tools but keys. They can only link my home address on it thankfully not to my rentals, parents, or my yard all my keys are in there for absolutely everything. But holy fawk is it going to be a long task replacing all that chit if I don't find it. Company check book in there, had to freeze account and now go into bank tomorrow and change account and re-issue checks. Not taking any chances that they might try to forge checks.

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That area is skid row dude, I wouldn’t even ever stop there let alone keep something running.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Any luck on your truck? And yes, that area is sketchy at most of times. I would think they would take it to a parking lot and clean it out then leave it there. With minimal people out there lately it may be spotted easier. Check the mall parking lots like meadowlark.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No news. I think if it's being driven considering how light traffic is and how it sticks out it will be found very soon. I really don't want it back after it's been stolen though. Although looking at used or new truck prices doesn't make me happy. Be like $65k for a new comparable truck and back to years of payments, or $50k for a decent used one. Maybe parked it and cleaned it out, I think you'd have to do it in the night though. There is so much stuff in there it would take awhile and draw a lot of attention.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the most notable stuff to steal. There was the red 100 gallon slip tank and pump in picture, 20v dewalt grease gun, impact, drill, circular saw, reciprocating saw, 4 4 amp hour batteries and 2 2 amp hour batteries, ryobi cordless grinder, 2 2 amp hour batteries 2 6 amp hour batteries, makita die grinder. No chargers as I charge in my garage. I know there's a billion of these things around but maybe the odd combination if it pops up somewhere together. Part of the bad thing is many of the tools would be very helpful in stealing more chit.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well both insurance companies have been fast. Auto side has been good so far. The CGL side? Fawking horrible. The adjuster said she cannot see where I have coverage in my policy for items in vehicle stolen while not parked on premises? She's checking with my broker if it was missed and put somewhere else. Like are you fawking kidding? It's so insane that a company vehicle would have tools in it and that there would be coverage? I'm just glad my broker has been good lately and will do what they can to make sure it's covered somehow. Oh yea even if they find coverage, claim will be denied unless when it's recovered there is evidence of breaking in, so I have to hope the truck isn't found for a long time, or is smashed, or the cops word the report to say something to that effect. Pay a fawkton for insurance and when something comes up, they try to avoid paying with fine print :mad: Who says they didn't use tools to get in and there is zero damage? There is no way to prove either way.

Last edited:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Yes, insurance can be interesting when it comes to tool and equipment coverage. My broker is very direct and explaines the entire policy to me, and says what would be best, and we add it. If I had a loss that was under $2500 I’d be eating it but each monitor in my business is 2500 and we carry 3 or 4 at most of the time. Let us know how it goes Good luck.

SicLoco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep a close eye on your home now as that remote door opener or keys of course can bite you in the ass a second time. reprogram opener and change locks or it could get real ugly

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, insurance can be interesting when it comes to tool and equipment coverage. My broker is very direct and explaines the entire policy to me, and says what would be best, and we add it. If I had a loss that was under $2500 I’d be eating it but each monitor in my business is 2500 and we carry 3 or 4 at most of the time. Let us know how it goes Good luck.

My broker has a history of making mistakes on coverage, which is why I email everything. I had a vehicle with only fire/theft for about 8 months that was suppose to have PLPD also but I was covered as I specified that coverage in my email. I am 100% sure I had spoken to them over the years about tools and was assured I had coverage, I did switch companies about 3 years ago and maybe they messed up and didn't add something. I'm at about $7000-$7500 total but auto will be covering about $1500 of that for attached items. They even advised if everything works out and I do get it covered, they won't cover anything non company tool related. Like I mentioned I had a code reader in there, not covered, and won't be worth doing a 3rd claim for home insurance trying to get a few items that don't even total $1000 covered i'm sure.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep a close eye on your home now as that remote door opener or keys of course can bite you in the ass a second time. reprogram opener and change locks or it could get real ugly

I have locked the openers for now until I have a chance to change them. Set of keys I had was the only house key also.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well 99.99% sure they found it, totally burnt out in Drayton valley. Have to go identify it tomorrow as it's burnt so badly there is no evidence of any VIN left and plate was swapped, but the guys plate that was found on the truck he had my plate. So I am definitely truck shopping now. If anyone knows of any clean 13+ Ram 3500 longbox duallys under 100k, or dealers with any leftover 18's let me know.

Top Bottom