Stolen from Boulder Cabin

burnt toast

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Left my fuel once at the trail head came back to find it empty with a $10 bill, mixed emotions, plus - I get to keep my jerry can I paid for (sweet) negitive - they could have left me enough to get out so didn't have to give the $10 to some nice guy willing to sell me 5L to get out! I now carry it all day (what's a few extra pounds) or I'm am with the others I bury it on ocassion. And if your taking someone's fuel leave enough money to fill the dam thing I think we all know much it costs to fill a jerry can. Also if u don't have enough fuel u shouldn't be on the hill that is just piss poor planning! JMO

Nikm17

Reaction score
We were at Chappel on Dec 27th and came back to the stand of trees right before the trail down starts.
Big empty hole where one of my riding partners jerry can was.
It was coming down heavy so we must of just missed the guy that stole it.
Buddy rides a turbo so good thing it was socked in that day and riding was limited because he is usually empty by that time.
Also runs different fuel with the turbo.
Jerks....
Must have been a bad weekend for stealing fuel. We were at Chappell on the 27th and 28th. Someone stole my cousins Jerry can on the 28th. And there were no other cans left around so it wasn't an honest mistake

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Left my fuel once at the trail head came back to find it empty with a $10 bill, mixed emotions, plus - I get to keep my jerry can I paid for (sweet) negitive - they could have left me enough to get out so didn't have to give the $10 to some nice guy willing to sell me 5L to get out! I now carry it all day (what's a few extra pounds) or I'm am with the others I bury it on ocassion. And if your taking someone's fuel leave enough money to fill the dam thing I think we all know much it costs to fill a jerry can. Also if u don't have enough fuel u shouldn't be on the hill that is just piss poor planning! JMO
Fuel should be worth at least double on the hill

Fatdaddy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lost my fuel to someone in need also with 10 dollars at allan creek. Also lost Gerry can from the box of truck at boulder mtn another time, always there to help the not so fortunate.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont understand why people leave there stuff there in the first place. People cannot be trusted now. Carry your fuel and fill half way through the day. Watch what it is doing and head down when it is time.
This would make sense.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont understand why people leave there stuff there in the first place. People cannot be trusted now. Carry your fuel and fill half way through the day. Watch what it is doing and head down when it is time.

Usually we drop fuel much further back than the cabin. Find a random tree where we start playing and giver. Poor decision on my part, but the thief is still a loser.

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've seen people get thrie fuel ripped off in the "good ol' days" also..

One time at the allan parking lot there was a couple of fellas in fisticuffs, It got broken up and I found out that one of them got his fuel stolen, only to get a remark from the other guy saying that he shouldn't put diesel in his red jerry cans..LOL

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had some real ****ty luck at boulder last week and some good...

for the good, I had taken off avalanche pack before I went into the trees Behind cabin, and left it on the side of the trail, we were not going to be to long, came back twenty minutes latter and it was gone, but someone dropped it off at the cabin with all supplies in it.... Thanks

for the ****ty luck, still to pist to talk about it...

acesup800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thing is, sometimes you don't need it, but a buddy does. Nice to still have it in the can if necessary.

dezmitchell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

for the good, I had taken off avalanche pack before I went into the trees Behind cabin, and left it on the side of the trail, we were not going to be to long, came back twenty minutes latter and it was gone, but someone dropped it off at the cabin with all supplies in it.... Thanks

yikes your braver then I there's NO WAY I would leave my Avy bag sitting that's just askings for a bad day

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey Fredw did you ever track down the guy you were looking for?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, looks like he is not to be found, somewhat a sad situation on sledders overall

RevyG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, can't leave us hanging, what went down? Who you looking for and why. If guys need to talk code maybe PM each other. I am active in the club, lets hear what the problem was so maybe we can help or not let it happen to someone else.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
......there is a CODE sledders pretty much go by and i've witnessed it.
But today people are not like that, they buy sleds on credit, take up a sport that they honnestly cannot afford and steal from others to gain what they cannot afford..Though i carry my fuel now no if or buts from stories i have heard....too bad, it honnestly was never that way......in the old days.

You nailed it. There used to be a code. The honour of actually conquering the mountain is lost on a lot of the riders today as its just too easy on these new sleds and far too many clowns out there. It used to take us all day to go up one hill 8 kms back in the 80's and you better know how to be self-reliant. A lot of people in the sport today don't have a clue or enough mental ability to understand that a little thought is needed for backcountry travel and sledding. Like - 1/2 tank in and 1/2 tank out, doesn't take great math skills. Once you're in, no matter how good the playing is, leave yourself enough to get home. Same with daylight. For most people - It only takes one walk in the dark because they ran out of fuel, to figure it out.

Buy high powered fancy sled on credit with minimal to no experience, ride sled to top of mountain, throw garbage and ride til out of gas, steal gas to make it home, see nice ramp in parking lot, take ramp too.

What if these fuel stealing assholes stole it from a guy like Lilduke who rides by himself quite a bit and he wound up walking home...or worse didn't make it home on a cold night? Moral of story, use your head dick cheese and don't take sh! t that don't belong to you, as someone else had the forethought to bring enough. And even if they brought extra - THEY DIDN'T BRING IT FOR YOU!

Oh and if you are the guy riding with these fellow "sledders" (term used very loosely), you should be slamming your head into a steel post for not slapping your buddy when he was lifting someone's jerry can.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess my stokes gone, it was strong in 80's, 90's but after some health issues in 2011 its pretty much gone I'm realizing this winter. Not just the fact of people being dishonest, its also working to sled which Ive done in BC 29 years, now Im working to spend time with my young family, and to pay out my investments so I can retire much earlier. Rather be riding at home with my daughter anyways than living out of a suitcase on my days off, and working my butt off all week prior to do it. Yep, more powder for you, surprised after 30 some years of hard core mountain riding you haven't had a low moment yet

Couldnt agree more. Did the exact same thing this winter. And Im kind of surprised that I dont miss it at all. Nothing negative to say about the sport at all. Just a different phase in life with different priorities.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If im going to unload my fuel at the cabin I'm going to start walking it in about 10 ft inside the trees and bury aboit 2 ft down cover it and pee on top of the snow lol if they still want it well then I guess they needed it more then me

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I have a good storey. last feb up at blue lake a dude ran out of fuel near the cabin, he and his buddies only had the fuel in there tanks,which was not much..they were going to siphon fuel from each other to give to their buddy. my jerry can was still full, cause I ride a etec lol. I offered them my fuel so they would't have to rob from each other. they took the fuel. the dude said he had no money to pay me backwith.. I didn't care as long as they were able to get back to there trucks.. after visiting with them for awhile they left.. I get down to the parking lot and there is $40 folded up in my door handle of my truck. all I can say is wow we cant paint all sledders with the same brush.. I would do it again without hesitating. that's my experience in sicamous.

sled_wrangler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I have a good storey. last feb up at blue lake a dude ran out of fuel near the cabin, he and his buddies only had the fuel in there tanks,which was not much..they were going to siphon fuel from each other to give to their buddy. my jerry can was still full, cause I ride a etec lol. I offered them my fuel so they would't have to rob from each other. they took the fuel. the dude said he had no money to pay me backwith.. I didn't care as long as they were able to get back to there trucks.. after visiting with them for awhile they left.. I get down to the parking lot and there is $40 folded up in my door handle of my truck. all I can say is wow we cant paint all sledders with the same brush.. I would do it again without hesitating. that's my experience in sicamous.

Same thing up in Frisbee I was at the cabin have a smoke before heading down and I over heard the one group talking about sending the guys wife down to the truck to get the jerry can cause he was out of fuel ... I gave him mine and told him not to worry about ... well when I got the truck I was just loading up he showed up and gave me the fuel out of his ... sat and B's ed for bit and went on our separate ways ... There are only a few bad apples but those are the ones we hear about most !!!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom