Stocks to watch

MarkCos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don’t miss this ride!!!!, gona be like a buck$ or two$ real soon, read up on this one or just keep it on ur watch list for fun.
6781D8C5-7935-4392-95C8-2A206C5D33B4.jpeg DB7E0E41-B667-4491-B256-E5DE1087E393.jpeg

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Gamestop holding at $350USD..... tough pill to swallow for $5 shorts - 6900% loss. Shorts still account for 122% of all stock and from what I've read a LOT of those need to be reconciled by close of trading today. Interesting times.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gamestop holding at $350USD..... tough pill to swallow for $5 shorts - 6900% loss. Shorts still account for 122% of all stock and from what I've read a LOT of those need to be reconciled by close of trading today. Interesting times.

Is it possible to have those deadlines extended? In extenuating circumstances like this?

Seems that would be the best way for brokers to get the shares back, the reality is a bunch of these short sellers will go bankrupt today otherwise.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hear ya, we are down to just the mortgage and a car payment at 0.9% so at this point I don't have debt to worry about. $6.95 is better then my $9.98 but I went with RBC because that's where all our banking is and they have been decent to us... but hey keep CIBC busy because that was the bank stock I decided to go with, been good over the past 6 months. My accounts are TFSA & RRSP and I figure if I can build a 6 figure nest-egg in there over the next 10-15 years then retirement will be a little more comfortable. We have 10 years left on the mortgage then after that I'll pound that $5000/mth into my self directed TFSA in dividend stocks for a few years.... I know I know with interest rates so low why worry about pounding down a mortgage, the answer to that is Because I want too.

I'm surprised CIBC is doing that well, they are brutal to deal with i'm honestly just too lazy to move and spend the time to get everything I have with CIBC elsewhere. I use to be that thinking if the debt is cheaper then what you can invest for it makes sense but it's changed. Getting my vehicles and all my company equipment/vehicles paid for it feels awesome to know it's yours and don't owe anyone a dime and the reason so many financial people recommend paying off debt prior to investing. At the worst, I had about $20k a month in fixed expenses and even though you got enough money coming in, it's still pretty stressful so it's a lot better to have it around $12k.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to have those deadlines extended? In extenuating circumstances like this?

Seems that would be the best way for brokers to get the shares back, the reality is a bunch of these short sellers will go bankrupt today otherwise.

I don't know SFA about investing but I wouldn't be surprised if the hedge funds pull some kind of string to do so. I mean look at robinhood, that chit is criminal. That takes a lot of pull to get someone to self destruct their company. I would be shocked if there isn't a massive fallout for whoever pulled the strings, doesn't matter if it's left or ring wing there is outlets saying the same thing, democrats and republicans agreeing which means something is very wrong.

Last edited:

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised CIBC is doing that well, they are brutal to deal with i'm honestly just too lazy to move and spend the time to get everything I have with CIBC elsewhere. I use to be that thinking if the debt is cheaper then what you can invest for it makes sense but it's changed. Getting my vehicles and all my company equipment/vehicles paid for it feels awesome to know it's yours and don't owe anyone a dime and the reason so many financial people recommend paying off debt prior to investing. At the worst, I had about $20k a month in fixed expenses and even though you got enough money coming in, it's still pretty stressful so it's a lot better to have it around $12k.

Good plan. You’ll never regret being debt free.

Cdnfireman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That might not be a bad thing.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't know SFA about investing but I wouldn't be surprised if the hedge funds pull some kind of string to do so. I mean look at robinhood, that chit is criminal. That takes a lot of pull to get someone to self destruct their company. I would be shocked if there isn't a massive fallout for whoever pulled the strings, doesn't matter if it's left or ring wing there is outlets saying the same thing, democrats and republicans agreeing which means something is very wrong.

I heard Robin hood got a call from the White House pressuring them to act yesterday.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I heard Robin hood got a call from the White House pressuring them to act yesterday.

Just looked that up, wouldn't be surprised. However seems odd that some dems were speaking out against it.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looked that up, wouldn't be surprised. However seems odd that some dems were speaking out against it.

I can't confirm it, but just because AOC speaks out against it on twitter doesnt mean biden gives a fuk.

The White House is bought and payed for by wall street types.

Top Bottom