Stocks to watch

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No gold left to buy it is all gone, you could still buy the paper gold, which ratio has sold 250 times more than they have on hand haha.. people are still buy them though. If you do the math you are spending 2000 dollars to get an 8 dollars backing investment.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some MJ stocks on upswing,.. some of my biotech stocks killing it,.. been green for me all week. I'm not bragging but you just have to know where to look and read up on stock sites.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Val uses investor line.
I have no idea what’s happening

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stepped off the site for awhile,.. biotech I'm in on TTD, GGG, RLV, SONA, AGN, LBL, VXL,.. use discretion, but been green all week for me. Not trading HOU or HOD oils atm, maybe this week for quick funds. I use Scotia Itrade

overkill19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What’s the tip of the day? I bought some CNQ @$6.90
Wish I would have bought 10000x more
What u guys think is it going to keep going up?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'm not doing oil stocks right now, too volatile,.. have you checked out BTE for a lower energy stock play?

Killing it in biotech, I'm up about 5G in 4hrs

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score

I am really low intelligence when it comes to this market thing and learning every day.
My question would be, is how does one buy for $6.90, when CNQ lowest market summary was $7.74 USD on the 19 March 2020.
Prior to the 6 March 2020 the stock was over $20.00 USD for over a year.

I dont understand how you can buy cheaper than the the stock is worth?
I am missing something?
Could use your insight on this please?

This might be when I ask to buy and trade, my broker shakes his head at me......

Last edited:

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am reaaly low intelligence when it comes to this market thing and learning every day.
My question would be, is how does one buy for $6.90 when CNQ lowest market summary was $7.74 USD on the 19 March 2020.
Prior to the 6 March 2020 the stock was over $20.00 USD for over a year.

I dont understand how you can buy cheaper than the the stock is worth?
I am missing something?
Could use your insight on this please?

This might be when I ask to buy and trade my broker shakes his head at me......

91b9fafe2a3c519aad455ade67574621.jpg

He had a buy order and it filled at his price .
Low was 6.71

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
^^^^^^^
Okay, I see the 6.71 now.

So what exactly is a "Buy order."?

If you place an order for less than the current trading price you can choose the length of time the order is good through - today, 2 days, 3 days 5 days etc. I have a buy order in for Suncor @ $10 good through the next 14 days. I hope it does not fill but if it were to drop to that level I'd be pizzed if I didn't get in at that price.

You can do the same thing with sell orders, I have running optimistic sell orders on a lot of my stocks....

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Market is defiantly acting funny the VIX has trended down now for a while and even though the news is generally terrible you get a day like today oil down 7% waiting and on Russia and Saudi and US to make huge production cuts and market is up huge. It’s a weird time where if there is slight positive news markets jump when they talk about record unemployment and gdp loss markets flat or slightly down tells me many have accepted this and have some optimism. I like cnrl there latest press release said $13 usd to make SCO that’s upgraded crude that they get above wti for. Suncor is so intergraded there also going nowhere. The medium to small caps only getting wcs are in trouble to say the least I did read Meg has 50% oil hedge above $50 for a year that’s actually a huge deal but I’d only put in what your willing to lose. I wouldn’t touch an airline or cruise stock with a 10 foot pole right now. I am interested in Boeing, JP, Costco, Johnson and Johnson, constellation brands, pipeline like ENB, hard to think BRK.b could lose he’s got 125 billion in cash waiting to pounce. They say amateurs wait to pick a bottom but it’s real hard to start chipping away at buying when the world is on pause. Might play some of the leveraged etf’s next couple weeks I recommend not holding them over a weekend ever lol.

Last edited:

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
If you place an order for less than the current trading price you can choose the length of time the order is good through - today, 2 days, 3 days 5 days etc. I have a buy order in for Suncor @ $10 good through the next 14 days. I hope it does not fill but if it were to drop to that level I'd be pizzed if I didn't get in at that price.

You can do the same thing with sell orders, I have running optimistic sell orders on a lot of my stocks....

Thanks guys.

Will have to see if I can do this thru my broker.

Makes alot more sense now.

Top Bottom