Stocks to watch

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tesla announced today it purchased $1.5 billion in Bitcoin. It's also accepting Bitcoin as payment.

Maybe you could buy a sweet EV with all that bitcoin cash? LMFAO

As much as I don't really buy into the premise of Bitcoin, Elon Musk is supporting it, and it seems everything that f@cker touches turns to gold.

Yes you can buy a Tesla with Bitcoin. You can buy gold with bitcoin and with Bitpay I can link a card to my account and spend Bitcoin any where that takes Visa.

Dont even need to come back into Cad dollars...

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you can buy a Tesla with Bitcoin. You can buy gold with bitcoin and with Bitpay I can link a card to my account and spend Bitcoin any where that takes Visa.

Dont even need to come back into Cad dollars...

I wonder what it'll do to the volatility of Bitcoin? If it becomes more used as a common currency would it not become closely tied to that currency?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wonder what it'll do to the volatility of Bitcoin? If it becomes more used as a common currency would it not become closely tied to that currency?

I could be out to lunch, but I think if bitcoin gets big enough it will stable out on its own. Because It will take really big moves to swing it either way.

Who knows it could go to zero. There is some speculation involved here for sure, but I like to think its educated speculation. But Im not the smartest guy out there, so I have eggs in different baskets.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I still like the idea of being able to rob a bank if needed, can't rob something that doesn't exist

Hate to break it to you but your money is already mostly digital. And they just make as much of it as they want. Hence all the inflation.

Unless you keep cash under the mattress,. Its all numbers on a network.

If you do keep it under the mattress, right on I like your syle

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I still like the idea of being able to rob a bank if needed, can't rob something that doesn't exist

It can and has been stolen, just not in the traditional "bank robbery" way. $40M went missing from Binance and the US feds have recovered over $1B in stolen coin from Silk Road they say was stolen. You can theoretically rob a bank from your mom's basement if you know what your doing.... But it is tough, crypto is proving to be very secure

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It can and has been stolen, just not in the traditional "bank robbery" way. $40M went missing from Binance and the US feds have recovered over $1B in stolen coin from Silk Road they say was stolen. You can theoretically rob a bank from your mom's basement if you know what your doing.... But it is tough, crypto is proving to be very secure

It mostly goes missing off exchanges and likely is inside jobs. If you have it stored offline and only you have the private keys it's never been hacked into that way

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Drone Delivery Canada if they can get delivery’s all figured out. Maybe Amazon will use them

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Butthurt? lol. I asked for its valuation other than speculation,.. if you read description its value is no more than a barter transaction. I am invested in Health tech, not air. As long as we're both making money all is good, good luck to you. If we are comparing stocks, this is what I made today with 1 penny stock +$28,427.62

That's a pretty good day....lol

I had ONE day like that back on December 28, 2017 but it was all pot stocks not just one. Today was a good day up over $2500 but I've had lots of bad ones too, never thought I'd get to the point where I can watch $5000 disappear over 2 days and think Meh...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Drone Delivery Canada if they can get delivery’s all figured out. Maybe Amazon will use them

Might pan out.... What scares me is they have already gone from $0.60 to $1.93 in the past 3 months with a valuation of $363M - are they really worth $363M or is that price driven by speculation and can they show the revenue to prove that valuation. I will have to do some research and find out, it's a novel idea but many customers and revenue streams are required to justify that valuation.

Even looking at the valuations of many of the pot stocks is mind blowing. How is a start up retailer or wholesaler worth a $500M valuation??? but many of them are right now. Even with US full legalization thats a stretch.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate to break it to you but your money is already mostly digital. And they just make as much of it as they want. Hence all the inflation.

Unless you keep cash under the mattress,. Its all numbers on a network.

If you do keep it under the mattress, right on I like your syle

But I can still hold cash in my hand.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But I can still hold cash in my hand.

That is true. Look at this guy. He's got a wheel Barrow full of cash. If Cash is king, get this guy his crown! Haha

Man-carrying-money-in-wheelbarrow.jpg

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Strong green today for a few big positions.. APLI and Ate.. made some decent Ching-Ching now keep it going, been on either for a year now

Top Bottom