Stock track vs Challenger track

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been told an excellent mod is to get rid of the stock track? I should put extrovert drivers in then too.

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which track did you go with? Was it a big difference?

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some guys have been trimming the tips off the stock track and claiming noticeable improvement. Kinda stiffens up the paddle and creates more "bite" in the snow i Guess. Cheap mod for sure, but you end up with a track that you may not be able to sell because it has been modded, if you decide to switch later.

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Which track did you go with? Was it a big difference?
2.5". was a 45min install. no dinkin' around. i was sceptical but with dudes like maxwell and others talking about the better track i figured i would try it. if i do grab a '13 i will definately put that same track on. i like it.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348787524.905525.jpg

Crappy picture, but this is from my 13 Pro RMK. There is a ton of room, and the track on my sled measures 2-5/8". That's measuring from hooking the tape to the inside of the track and measuring to the tip of the lug.

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im just thinking about weather its worth the $1100, or put that into the motor?

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 136813

Crappy picture, but this is from my 13 Pro RMK. There is a ton of room, and the track on my sled measures 2-5/8". That's measuring from hooking the tape to the inside of the track and measuring to the tip of the lug.

How much clearance do you have when you measure the clearance?

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For what my 2 cents is worth the stocker seemed to be pretty alright in most situations. Rode with a guy on a stock 12 163 ( with spray for half of the day each day) and was really impressed with its capabilities. Maybe better tracks out there but the stocker seemed to perform fairly well imo...

CMB70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DO NOT PAY $1100 for a 2.5"! Should be able to wrangle one from 650-$800 at the absolute most

I priced one out yesterday and a 2.5 camo was $800 dealer cost, retail $1100. Where are you getting them from for 650-800?

ASSAULTrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I priced one out yesterday and a 2.5 camo was $800 dealer cost, retail $1100. Where are you getting them from for 650-800?

Go see Jared at Absole Power & Performance in St.Albert I got mine from their and his price was fair and well under $1100 but don't know where to find one for $650 lol unless it's used ???

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go see Jared at Absole Power & Performance in St.Albert I got mine from their and his price was fair and well under $1100 but don't know where to find one for $650 lol unless it's used ???
Funny you throw the lol in there,,, im not on the interweb or s&m for that matter to bs what i pay, u just gotta look, no one believed i only paid $11600 + tax for my 13 pro rmk either, i would post my invoices if they didnt have all my info on them.

Just tryin to help save sledders some coin cause its an fn expensive enuf sport as it is without havin to pay full pull retail for $hit

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive been thinking about getting either the stock pro track or the camo extreme 2.5'' for my assault for a little more flotation in powder and some weight reduction. heard lots of good things about the 2.5'' track but the stock pro track isnt all that bad. last year my buddy with a 163 pro got absolutely barried (or so i thought) in a 6ft hole, let off the throttle then pinned it and popped outta the hole like nothing.. this was in early season bottomless pow so the stock track cant be that bad!

lorne1176

Reaction score
ive been thinking about getting either the stock pro track or the camo extreme 2.5'' for my assault for a little more flotation in powder and some weight reduction. heard lots of good things about the 2.5'' track but the stock pro track isnt all that bad. last year my buddy with a 163 pro got absolutely barried (or so i thought) in a 6ft hole, let off the throttle then pinned it and popped outta the hole like nothing.. this was in early season bottomless pow so the stock track cant be that bad!

I may be up grading mine, so I may have a Pro track up for grabs.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just changed out from the Assault track to the 2.5 Challenger, it was an easy change out and I am really looking forward to this upgrade. Bought the track from Chrisco at Parkland Motorsports in Stony Plain... It was well below $1,100.. more like the $800 range.

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear about a side by side comparo between the stocker and the Camo 2.5". I'm sure there's something to be gained but I didn't have any complaints about the stocker on my '12.

Top Bottom