Stock Pipe Insulation

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have run mine for 4 seasons with no clamshell or insulation on the pipe. As stated before, it is there to help deaden the sound of the sled. I painted mine with BBQ paint. I have zip tied my headlight wiring and speedo cable out of the way as they both like to rest on the exhaust. It does not run any different at all.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the paint still seals heat in.....

no i don't have the dyno sheet... that was 2 years ago.... we tryed everything to make the bikeman pipe work better than the stocker....

also had less power band than the stocker too.... 200 rpm peek...
compared to around 600 rpm smooth with the stocker

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have two sets of after market pipes slp and aaen and neither have any kind of coating on them and both sleds run just fine. Take the dam insulation off before it wrecks your pipe and be done with it. I think the big reasoning behind the insulation is for noise and under hood heat. Maybe if you notice a peformace losse it cause you just increaced the temp under the hood warm air = less power just a thought anyway.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the sheilds on stock pipes are for under the hood tempature its cheaper to build you will lose no power removeing the shields,the temp under the hood will rise and you will lose power from that,

Top Bottom