Stock Belt vs Aftermarket

KevinF

Reaction score
Just looking for some advice on the belt topic. Was quoted over $200.00 for a new belt on my 09 Assault. After regaining consciousness I started looking for aftermarket replacements. Obviously I'd like to run what's best for my rig, but would like to do that at a fair price. I'm willing to pay for the belt of it's going to last so any thoughts would be much appreciated. I found a Dayco XTX 5020 for around $150.00 at a local auto store. So stock or aftermarket? Thanks.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the carlile, or whatever........ runs fine, its stickier so i had to drop weights from 76s to 74s. when it blows it will blow............ tears ch!t up. But meh........my stock 700 dosent blow belts.

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look into venting your clutch side as well (if you haven't already)

Ol' Skool

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive run the Dayco XTX on my 700's and have had no concerns. Power and reliability are just as good as Polaris belts. Think Polaris actually makes their own belts? I doubt it.

St0rm77

Reaction score
got an 09 assault and have always run the 115 belt. change it for the sake of changing it every year at the begining of the season for giggles..... haven't blown one apart yet. mind you, i have been deligent with including clutch alignment checking into my pre-season routine.

Top Bottom