Stock a arm bond not holding ?

snowslut

Reaction score
image.jpg
Is my a arm coming apart? I tried putting pressure on it to try and move it but I can't budge it. I risked it and rode three days anyway.. Has anyone seen this before ?

alberta chad

Reaction score
Looks exactly like mine 2014. Front right lower A arm. Took off A arm and the tube spins right out. Didn't even look like there ever was glue in it. I gave it to dealer and they are going to see what they can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you rode 3 days after finding your a-arm like that ?. its common on the newer pros to see that happen, check your over structure now.

snowslut

Reaction score
It's my lower left a arm on my '14. I wasn't too sure if It was bad enough to cancel my trip last minute. I only noticed it when I loaded it on my sled deck on the way out. Guess I should pull the arm off and take it in. Was yours under any warranty ?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it comes apart completely while you are riding your sled can suddenly dart to the side and that could be really bad depending on where you are. Also when they fail it usually takes out the shock (bends the shaft). These parts are stupid expensive from the dealer but you can often find take-offs. I got warranty for one on my 13.

Ohmz

Reaction score
happened to my 13 after 1000k ish dealer took care of it no questions, one guy i ride with rode damn near 2500k with one a arm like that before taking it in and sweet talked the dealer into exchanging it free of charge... if mine go again i'll be swaping out to aftermarket ones...i would go to your dealer and see what they can do...

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
happened to my 13 after 1000k ish dealer took care of it no questions, one guy i ride with rode damn near 2500k with one a arm like that before taking it in and sweet talked the dealer into exchanging it free of charge... if mine go again i'll be swaping out to aftermarket ones...i would go to your dealer and see what they can do...

what dealer did you use? i broke a bolt in my suspension this weekend mine tried to say i was jumping it. should be warranty

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't even waste your time replacing those a arms with another stock one, you can replace both lowers for almost the same price as a single stock arm and then they are welded and can't come unglued.

snowslut

Reaction score
Yeah I'll have to take it in and see what they can do for me. I will likely just replace it with a stock one . Planning on a new snow check this year

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yea...not sure why dealers try and avoid warranty claims. But all is good will have it back tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me earlier this season. We just put a short ratchet strap from the bottom shock bolt to the bulk head. That way you don't have to worry about it coming apart while you are riding.... The $300-400 replacement A-arm is a little steep though. They make you buy the whole assembly with all the bushings and sphericals and everything. They should sell just the bare A-arm so it's not so expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowslut

Reaction score
yeah i had to buy the a arm for 350$ which is pretty steep. wasn't too happy when they asked for my whole machine to be brought in to get pictures taken and my VIN recorded . i brought in just my a arm pulled apart, in my eyes that should have been enough for warranty. unfortunately i needed the party right away for next week..

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same here snowslut. ..gotta have the whole sled. These new a-arms are one piece cast aluminum for 16

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom