Still shaking my head!!!

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I started going to the mountains in 1981, first place I went was to Clemina. Back then we rode blizzards or TX-440's. Once you got up to the alpine on that bumpy trail you were almost worn out and had not as much desire to play in the deep. Not only that, sleds were not capable of going very far anyway. Ralph Bauer (owner of the tags store) and Ron Baer who used to own the skidoo dealership in Valemount would take us back into areas like Bauers second chance and morning glory to Danger basin. Even then, you could see "****shows", lol. With Ron and Ralph, we quickly learned about the dangers of backcountry riding as well as the joy being where nobody usually went. Talk about a rush, we were hooked. To this day, I still go to Valemount and I was there last saturday to see the "****show" in Danger basin. Nothing much changes, its something you will see every weekend you go to any area, and this also goes for during the week.
I usually stay away from the highmarkers as I've seen and been involved with the problems that can arrise. Its no big deal. I can tell you one thing though, I will continue to go to Clemina, Allan creek and Miledge in the Valemount area for as long as I can. They are very nice areas to take new riders and experienced riders.
Make sure you have the training and proper gear and enjoy responsibly.
Very simple.

217091_212983662045449_1191033_n.jpg

1981 5500 blizzard at Allan creek in 1982, cut the tunnel shortly after, lol

Last edited:

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
I started going to the mountains in 1981, first place I went was to Clemina. Back then we rode blizzards or TX-440's. Once you got up to the alpine on that bumpy trail you were almost worn out and had not as much desire to play in the deep. Not only that, sleds were not capable of going very far anyway. Ralph Bauer (owner of the tags store) and Ron Baer who used to own the skidoo dealership in Valemount would take us back into areas like Bauers second chance and morning glory to Danger basin. Even then, you could see "****shows", lol. With Ron and Ralph, we quickly learned about the dangers of backcountry riding as well as the joy being where nobody usually went. Talk about a rush, we were hooked. To this day, I still go to Valemount and I was there last saturday to see the "****show" in Danger basin. Nothing much changes, its something you will see every weekend you go to any area, and this also goes for during the week.
I usually stay away from the highmarkers as I've seen and been involved with the problems that can arrise. Its no big deal. I can tell you one thing though, I will continue to go to Clemina, Allan creek and Miledge in the Valemount area for as long as I can. They are very nice areas to take new riders and experienced riders.
Make sure you have the training and proper gear and enjoy responsibly.
Very simple.

View attachment 202407

1981 5500 blizzard at Allan creek in 1982, cut the tunnel shortly after, lol
\

They had cameras then?! j/k.. Thats such a wicked picture! Good on you! Crazy to think thats before I was born you were shredding the hills on that.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Top Bottom