Still shaking my head!!!

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't rode Valemount in 7 years for that very reason. Lots of great riders I know "use" to go there but in time an invasion of morons happened and I found there were more and more dangerous yahoos that went there then it was worth it. They all seem to congregate and it turned into a sh-tshow, I won't ride there or take my wife there, I don't need the aggravation for something that should be relaxing and fun.

https://youtu.be/S4eUjTbmKr0
Valemont is the sh!ts. Don't ride here.

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any of the well travelled areas are magnets for a mix and match of people from the greenest rider relying on you and your gear to get him home to families to the old boys why just want to crush a few beers and get away from it all. Boulder mountain, clemina, Allan creek to name a few. For years we only ride these places mid week after huge dumps of snow as terrain is awesome however dealing with volumes of people is not. I'll say we tend to ride the more remote areas because of better snow however the human factor has also started playing into it as well you run into less clowns deep in the backcountry as they don't do as well out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that I think back. I recall seeing some people at the cabin that day not even wearing backpacks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I personally saw about 10 people with out packs, shovels or probes on Sat.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I personally saw about 10 people with out packs, shovels or probes on Sat.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
In this day and age, how the fawk can u ride without even the basics, don't even Care if it's in the tunnel bag

sent while drinking tea's

Last edited:

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then there is some of us that carry tooo much stuff. Trying to be ready for Armegeden. Lol. That group of 10 without bags, it was 1 that started it now everyone follows. The other 9 are probably pretty nervous, don't know how you can enjoy it by wondering if your number is up today or are your going to be lucky again. What's that game, oh ya RUSSIAN Rullet..

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Im sorry... But why does this have ANYTHING to do with a location? Don't throw stones man... Besides if you are doing what you are supposed to be doing and following your training, what other people are doing shouldn't be putting you in danger in the first place. "I haven't ridden there in 7 years for that very reason"..? What a terrible stereotype.
I saw a guy in revelstoke highmarking over someone else once....So I said to myself "FROM THIS DAY FORTH Am I going to stop coming here for the rest of my life because every single person that goes there is a maniac and the whole entire town and all the hills surrounding it are unsafe" ah no.

Last edited:

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be one of the riders you saw without the avy bag, I do have all the gear with me just not on my person. Your air bag should be the last line of defence never your first. Training and common sense and yes I said it COMMON SENSE should be your first line of defence! I have the training and by choice choose to carry my gear on the sled. I have helped with the rescue of others and would never say it couldn't happen to me.

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I realize how there is stupid everywhere and yes we have our share of it and more in Kakwa! you are probably right it shows more there being a small area and from one viewpoint you have multiple slopes to look at. Even at that it seemed every slope they were climbing there was more than one sled climbing at a time. And for the guy to just blow over the top really shows the stupidity of some people! Still just makes me shake my head!!!

Kakwa is still the worst ****shows I've seen. But I also don't ride much anymore, and when i do, we get away from everyone. And I don't ride Kakwa anymore if possible.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be one of the riders you saw without the avy bag, I do have all the gear with me just not on my person. Your air bag should be the last line of defence never your first. Training and common sense and yes I said it COMMON SENSE should be your first line of defence! I have the training and by choice choose to carry my gear on the sled. I have helped with the rescue of others and would never say it couldn't happen to me.
So you have seen first hand what can happen and helped dig people out yet it hasn't changed how you ride? Much bigger balls than I forsure.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now that I think back. I recall seeing some people at the cabin that day not even wearing backpacks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

You had backpack on tho right???

sent while drinking tea's

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who me? Always! Never know when you might be separated from your machine.Your shovel and probe would be pretty useless buried in snow.
A lot of good your shovel and probe do when your whole group is buried because they choose to either all be on the hill or sit in the avy runout path drinking beverages! I choose to neither sit in the runout or have the whole group on the hill at once.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
A lot of good your shovel and probe do when your whole group is buried because they choose to either all be on the hill or sit in the avy runout path drinking beverages! I choose to neither sit in the runout or have the whole group on the hill at once.

Like Mike270412 said, alot of good your shovel and probe does with your sled, only rookies do that.

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Sorry man but your Shovel and Probe are going to do a " Lot Of Good" when possibly one of your buddies has made a poor judgement call. It's great that you are fully trained but lots people are not, they see you and think hell I can do that too. Be a Leader and wear your av pack with all the tools it's just the right thing to do.

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you must only ride Saskatchewan!

Got boost want snow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you must only ride Saskatchewan!
For sure only ride Saskatchewan never been to the mountains!!! When I started this thread it was to point out the sh!tshow observed not the lack of equipment or equipment placement. But you are right I should choose to wear a pack and honestly I did wear one Friday due to riding the new sidewinder just chose to ride without it on Saturday and my equipment in my sled. My bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom