Sticker Removal

Grinny

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I picked up an older s-chassis hood last week and I'm removing the factory stickers (well my wife is :d ) Anyways...she's been using the heat gun along with goof off and it seems to be working okay. Just wondering if there's any other methods that may work better? :beer:

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A heat gun works best, but you don't want to apply too much heat or it wil delaminate the glue from the sticker and leave more glue on the hood:beer::beer:

JBDoo

Reaction score
I use my steam truck from work and steam them off...then a little brakeclean takes off the remaining glue. It's very quick

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Won't break cleaner damage the finish? I thought about using it, but was worried about what it might do over time.

After the heat gun has been used to remove the decal....
  1. Zep makes an orange product (Home Depot) that you apply to the adhesive and let soak for 30 - 60 seconds, then take a clean cloth and start wiping it off. It may take a couple of trys to get it done and it won't damage the finish.
  2. Clean the surface with Windex (great grease cutting agent)
  3. Finally take Isopropenyl (Home Depot) and clean the surface. Isopropenly will not leave residue.
  4. Done!

NIDAHOBOONDOCKER

Reaction score
I heat the back side of whatever you are removing the sticker from, be careful not to get it too hot to melt the plastic, this way it melts the glue first and the sticker comes right off.

bottlerocket

Reaction score
They have a big eraser that goes on a drill that works good too. Doesnt hurt surface and cheap to buy. I got mine from Napa but most automotive stores should have them.

Top Bottom