stewart/hyder

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So he made it home safe and sound... said the snow was fantastic!! lots of it .... but the weather sucked big time... flat and snowing the whole weekend ( surprised??? ) so not much on the footage... when I do get to see it I may still post it on here.... we'll see....

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
places to stay in stewart with a hot tub?? planning a trip and will need someone to show me around as well.

ryan#1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was just up there. The Ripley Creek Inn is pretty nice. I think they have some rooms with a jacuzzi maybe although they might be reserved for heli skiers depending when you are there.

250-636-2344

The guy who does the check ins is Sheldon you can email him at ripleycreekinn@yahoo.com

3.5-4metre base up here in the northwest coastal right now so should be a good year although the sun has been lacking...

Sudsy

Reaction score
Is this good riding here? I havent been that far west before and it is a serious hike from calgary. With no new snow in weeks, Revy is seriously tracked out.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No, it sucks in Stewart, don' go there.Seriously though, it's like no other sledding place in the world. I think this time of year though it may be tough to get a day that is not socked in with it being right on the coast.

skidder

Reaction score
Hi, I'm interested in planning a trip to Stewart in April or May, any advice on riding areas accommodations or any one interested in going would be nice. When's the best time to ride there and do you need a passport for Hyder?

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm interested in planning a trip to Stewart in April or May, any advice on riding areas accommodations or any one interested in going would be nice. When's the best time to ride there and do you need a passport for Hyder?

We've stayed at the King Edward. Passports are a must. Besure to have a DD if stopping in at the Hyder bar to get Hyderized as the Canadian Customs people sit and watch you go into the bar and then drive up to the border crossing. We were given a not so friendly welcome and lecture back into our country last spring the first day back through.

This website will give you the info you need for planning your trip. Bordertown Snowbombers Snowmobile Society

Pay the money, join their club, it will be money well spent. Everyone in town is very friendly and will help with almost anything you need.

winterulez

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The border crossing can be a pain in the ass. We usually stay on the Hyder side at the Grandview Inn, or haul the campers up and camp. Make sure you get a kitchen because i beleive everything closes around 8. We usually stop in Smithers and buy groceries. We will probally be there around May 9 for a week. Passport is a good idea, last yr we didn't have them and we were fine.

iqrpoo

Reaction score
Why would you need a passport to get into your own country? There are no u.s. customs officials heading into hyder, only canada customs stopping you on the way back into stewart at the end of the day. Don't give them a reason to search you and they wont. I've been there many times, never had any troubles.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why would you need a passport to get into your own country? There are no u.s. customs officials heading into hyder, only canada customs stopping you on the way back into stewart at the end of the day. Don't give them a reason to search you and they wont. I've been there many times, never had any troubles.
A passport does make life easier at that crossing. So does a non-drinking driver! The guards are likely happy to see some people there.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DSC00789.jpg
Let us know how the conditions and snow level is this year when you get back. Planning too be there around May 9 for a week :beer:
Huge snow this year. Main street in Hyder. Construction on Long Lake power plant by Premier Mine. Road is plowed to there but high avalanche risk. Workers were quite helpful with us using road. Would like to go back in April or May.

kidder17

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any action photos from up top? That looks like a load of snow in town. I can only imagine heading up? Did you guys just ride up past the mine? Thanks for the pic.

We leave Apr.21st.......man that seems like along ways off!

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any action photos from up top? That looks like a load of snow in town. I can only imagine heading up? Did you guys just ride up past the mine? Thanks for the pic.

We leave Apr.21st.......man that seems like along ways off!

We parked by the mine. Road is plowed for construction. Road into Granduc mill site is packed by Snocats and a rock truck
with ATV tires has been travelling on the packed snow. It was snowing so hard did not get any pictures past the mine. Attached
picture is in Stewart. DSC00793.JPG

Top Bottom