steering posts

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LMFAO! 2 lightest sleds on the market?? Cat has never made that claim! Poor way to start a brand bash bud. They all suck.

My old (09) M8 snopro has 3500km and lots of rolls down a mountain under its belt. Never had an issue. Not even a bent telescopic steering post. I must have the ONLY good one...

That sled has towed 3 doo's out, and my new proclimb has towed 2. So I guess I can now concur that skidoo is the most unreliable sled ever created due to my 5 experiences correct? No, cause I understand ch!t happens.

Come to think of it, I saw an XP tip on its side and broke the bars right off. And it was a light tip over. What does that say?

The XP MUST be the Worst sled since it breaks too, and aren't "one of the lightest sleds"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like someone needs to file a hurt feelings report with a site mod lol

jay

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P1060043.jpg

ldog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broke 4 steering posts on My 09 1000. Finally put a steel rod down the middle and welded it plus the bracket that goes to the tunnel. Did the same thing to my TM8. No problems now. just make sure you wear chest protection............

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well suzuki looks like your toys r us 8 ball failed when you asked if it was a bash post cause your the only guy on here thinking it is.

Last edited:

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think everyone can agree that the cat telescopic bars are more prone to breaking. If it broke at the bottom I would say it could have been a bad weld which is possible on any brand.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
exactly the cat telescopic post is prone to breaking it really is. yeah thats why i say the polaris one really surprised me cause of were it broke it broke about 2-2.5" from the bottom of the post really weird spot never seen one post of any model break were this one did

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who knew they were so fragile. Better keep mine off the deck from now on incase the wind rips it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd say they're getting stronger, if anything. Bars never used to be as tall as they are now, but back in the day it was common to put a solid post inside the column and weld'r up. As a 10 year old kid I went to turn the bars on my yammy 340 (ovation I think?) and "uh-oh, this isn't right!"
Seen a few phazers with snapped, steering posts. When raising the bars became "the thing to do" (late 90's, early 2000's) they were snapping left and right for a while. Did we crash more? Roll more? Not in my case. I crash more than ever now. :p

Top Bottom