Stedelbauer Chev - no more

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a letter this week that says Stedelbauer hasn't been an authorized GM dealer since the middle of Nov.

Any other dealers get axed? I wonder about Northgate GM right next door?

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Northgate is fine, Spruce Grove, Devon, Redwater, Ponoka dealerships are in the first phase of GM restructuring plan. Two more phases are expected.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Northgate is fine, Spruce Grove, Devon, Redwater, Ponoka dealerships are in the first phase of GM restructuring plan. Two more phases are expected.

:rant::rant:Yah what a bunch of crap!!!

The guys in Redwater just finished building a new dealership building with GM's guidance and blessing only to have their licence yanked in the 1st round of cuts. They invested over 4 million dollars to show their pride in General Motors.......is that committment or what....and GM closes them.:nono::nono:

But yet the GM dealer in Ft Sask does not put up a new bldg....just does some cosmetic improvements........basically same old girl in a new skirt....and they get to stay:confused::confused:

Then theres the dealer in Smoky Lake. No improvements in the last 20 years....still living in an old IH farm dealership bldg:confused......they get to stay:confused::confused:

I am not judging any of these fine dealers, I have dealt with all of them. They all do well in new sales (in my opinion) Now if you were GM and all else was fairly equal, which dealership would you choose?? I think the one who shows long term commitment should be the 1st choice not the 1st cut. I would think when an owner is willing to invest 4 million plus is an owner worth keeping vs a guy not willing to invest anything. But yet GM does just the opposite.

Is head office in Eastern Canada just drawing circles on a map and going eeny meeny minee mo? Are the guys making the cuts really looking at the details or.........:realmad::realmad:

sirzones

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its all about the dealers who made the most profit over the last few years
and who had best customer satisfaction.
Any time you fill out a survey from your dealer,if you dont say completely satisfied to all questions,it goes as a strike against them.:eek:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the braintrust at GM could make a sensible decision, they wouldn't be in the financial position that they are in...

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
redwater didnt put 4 mil into there buildn. lol. and rumour has it that they r gonna make it a napa wit full service bays which in alota ppls eyes is still alright. theres enuff dealers around to buy vehicles and warranty work. it'll be nice to still have a garage that can fix things. maybe even a cheaper rate:d

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Leduc store closed at the end of November.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
redwater didnt put 4 mil into there buildn. lol. and rumour has it that they r gonna make it a napa wit full service bays which in alota ppls eyes is still alright. theres enuff dealers around to buy vehicles and warranty work. it'll be nice to still have a garage that can fix things. maybe even a cheaper rate:d

The amount spent (just repeatin what I heard) is really not important. My point was why would GM guide and coach them into a new bldg to just axe them a few months after they move in?? I agree that there are still enough dealers around to get warranty work, etc done.......my rant :rant: is about the decision process (or lack of it) that GM is showing here. Don't encourage a dealer to put up a new building, to invest long term in the company and community, to just drop them the minute they complete their project and let other neighboring dealers who are not showing the same commitment continue with business as usual. Whether they spent 4 million, 2 million or 1 million....the amount is not imporatant.....bottom line is it was lot of money for a family owned business to spend........the process is flawed.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agreed ya. i feel for the owners. GM even told them build a new buildn or we pull out. so they built it and GM does that to them. pretty bad. talk about a kick to the nuts.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the decision from GM was based on sales performance, customer satisfaction (CSI) and image, meaning new store front, this is what they said there decision is based on,,, my dealer Shaganappi GMC was performing at the top in calgary but only for the past year under new ownership so based on the past we were closed in October, in Calgary Stampede GMC was also building a 10million dollar store but no franchise now they are also done,,, GM had to act quick and hard as per the govt,, in the end it will be near 40%of all canadian dealers, but you will see most stores turn into all line stores Buick GMC Chev and some will have Cadi..... this will happen by the new year for most dealers including all saturn saab dealers and the remaining will be closed oct next year when the dealer aggreement ends beacause a few did not sing the payout letters offered in June.

sldgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And you folks laugh at the old hippie for driving Toyotas.:ha_ha:

Top Bottom