Start

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Long story short was out on the weekend and go to start my sled and all i can do to pull it over. pull the plugs and still hard. but got it going. so anyone know what to to so its not so hard to start?

rmk 800 144

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
need to start lifting something heavier than a remote, or your penis.....hahahaha

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha that's a funny one. But I need more help than that.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 700 really bad to when its super cold out dont really know of a fix for it but usually after a couple pulls it gets easy. May google recoils i know ski doo runs a big recoil tomake it easy for their sissy riders to pull them over maybe there is some sort of aftermarket recoil you could put on to make it easy to pull over other than that I am sorry to say i think your SOL.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha that's a funny one. But I need more help than that.

Sorry....couldn't resist. These sleds are known to be beothches to pull over in the cold. It's the compression. They didn't start using comp release valves until 2005.
This is why most of us that drive these have a aluminum handle and the extra hd rope
The only thing I can really suggest is keeping it in a heated shop, or alternatly installing an electric start

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry....couldn't resist. These sleds are known to be beothches to pull over in the cold. It's the compression. They didn't start using comp release valves until 2005.
This is why most of us that drive these have a aluminum handle and the extra hd rope
The only thing I can really suggest is keeping it in a heated shop, or alternatly installing an electric start

Hey heavy d have you ever pulled the plugs on your 01 when its cold? I did and it was still hard to pull over.

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey heavy d have you ever pulled the plugs on your 01 when its cold? I did and it was still hard to pull over.

No, I've never been in that situation. I have had plugs out to do comp tests, and it's still a good pull.
What you need to consider is that thinking in a "power to weight ratio" way of thinking, your sled is like a nascar. There is alot of motor there, and it takes alot of oomph to turn it over

darkday

Reaction score
you could try shutting motor down with the choke when its really cold. the fuel washes some of the oil off the piston making it easier to pull over. my 00 800 is real hard to pull over at-20 and below. brace yourself and pull hard!!

rmk 800 144

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that's what I do and pull and pull well thanks for the tips and I will try to pull and pull thanks guys if u find something that makes the old sleds turn over better let me know thanks again.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Went to unload mine off the trailer after a cold 5 hour drive thought my shoulder was going to come out of its socket on the first pull. After that it was fine.

benclaluna450r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i dont have that problem with my 01 800 always starts second pull my 12 your old brother can start it takes him a few more pulls but he always gets it and it also has a fresh top end

Top Bottom