Starlink

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet baby Jebus! North of spruce.

$750 for the equipment and $129 a month.

b78b4fd4c2ca63eeacc1dfff97b53e51.png

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's strange. How do you figure out if you can get it? I'm further south than both of you. Should work at my house.

Try their web site again. They didn’t send responses any previous attempt. I heard from a neighbour this morning and apparently today it let me sign up and asked for money. Still no confirmation email yet though. Charges show up on the visa.

Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My email would not break it down the 129 monthly fee which is 50 more than we are paying now, the concerning part is there will be unplanned outages for extended times. Unless I am missing something.

Your current internet must not be that bad. My only question was when? And entered visa.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
You should get a confirmation email right away. Then I logged in to there site as I wasn't sent an email account with password but had an account number. Went to https://www.starlink.com/account/en-GB/home and asked for a password, it sent me a link for a password, and I'm in. Better order my mount for the pole.

Now how does Snowandmud apply for commission to support this website, I wouldn't have known about this... Hmmmm. And if this doesnt work out, here you go;

Snowandmud.com and its associates do not endorse this product and are not responsible in any way if this does not work for you, all we can offer is luck, Good Luck.

Last edited:

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What type of mount are you using?

Whats the installation? What type of cable/wire to the Dish? Is it all self contained in the out door equipment or is there indoor equipment too?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Starlink is on order!
To apply for the Starlink beta go here....

https://www.starlink.com

If you need help with the rural address in google maps feel free to PM me.

Starlink app is on the App stores for both iOS/Android. It has a feature that lets you use your phone camera to determine if the location you are mounting the dish to is obstruction free.

The antenna cable is 100 feet long and you need a 3/4" hole to fit through if you are bringing it though a wall. We are in a very high wind area so I will be doing a ground mount.

If you want to do a quick test of your current connection speed check out...

http://www.fast.com

Our high speed is currently 2.3 Mbps so even if we are on the low end of the 50-150 Mbps speed we will still have a gigantic improvement.
Most of your questions answered.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see Fedex is tracking my shipment, Starlink will be here on Friday, can't wait to try it.. Hopefully it keeps snowing, i want to see the melt function in action..

kimrick

RIP Fellow Sledder
Reaction score
The foot print must have gotten bigger? More sattelites?

I also now received my invite for starlink.

Cold Lake, north of Llyodminster, AB
54.4643° N, 110.1733° W

Followed link and they want some some money to get the ball rolling. Nice....

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ohhh I see. Yes outages are a possibility. I’ve been tracking downtime and it’s common to have 4-8min per day of downtime. Worst I’ve seen is 20minutes. Reliability is still better than our previous set up. What is the download and upload speed of what you currently have? Just run a test on www.fast.com if you’re not sure.
Today is a good day 29.5 Mbps download and 15.5 upload

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bad I said 3/4 hole but 7/8 works better the cable is 0.755 inches. I’ll fix that in the original post.

Top Bottom