Starlink

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Starlink getting good download speed near Peace River. Very encouraging.

starlin.jpg

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is all over, from 12-200. Just did a test at 66 down but 222ms latency. Not especially thrilled for the price so far. I guess if it even works this summer it's still better than the POS Telus Hub I had.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is all over, from 12-200. Just did a test at 66 down but 222ms latency. Not especially thrilled for the price so far. I guess if it even works this summer it's still better than the POS Telus Hub I had.

12/222 is bad. How does your obstruction map look?

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're in the same boat. Hard to just crank up the prices. We held steady for the last decade, but we finally decided we needed to up the rates. Costs have increased all over, wages have pushed up. I put our hourly rate up 10% in December along with a few increases in equipment rates, and haven't had a single comment from a client yet.

On the other side of the house though, our Internet division, I have a really hard time upping those rates to thousands of residential clients. So many of them will hop to the competition over $5 even though we likely provide a superior service.
Too bad I cant charge more or give my staff a raise.

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found out that our Starlink system is being shipped. Cant wait to get rid of the Telus hub (25.8 down 5.25 up) and it gets worse at night when more people are home.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found out that our Starlink system is being shipped. Cant wait to get rid of the Telus hub (25.8 down 5.25 up) and it gets worse at night when more people are home.
If my hub was that good I'd still have it. I guess you learn to deal with single digit speeds over time........

ZIG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just ordered mine today. Xplornet is just not cutting it anymore. It was good for the first 3 months. What are some of the wait times you guys are seeing to get starlink?

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope you mean feb 2022
no it's about a year wait...... goto the website put in your + code for your location and it will give you an idea as to when you might see it.

Top Bottom