Starlink

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah watched that last night. Seems they finally figured out how to keep fuel supplied to the engines during re-light and landing burn. I see they also lit all 3 engines this time instead of 2, and then shut 2 down and landed on one.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday, telus wasn't fast enough and very expensive. Our sat system is ok, 89/month unlimited but not consistent enough.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I used Ron's for a few days now. Microsoft teams running steady all day and all kinds of online Nait stuff at the same time. I wouldn't call it flawless,but there's no way I could do it with the Telus hub. The speed really fluctuates and sometimes drops right out,but just for a few seconds. And if they are actually geo "tuned" it would probably be a lot better if it was actually "home". I'm about 6 miles south of him and he was getting waaaaay higher speed there before I stole it. 32Mbps right now

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Pulled the trigger on the16th, still pending as of this morning...c’mon Elon get your poop in a group here!

I read an article the other day that they are ramping up production on the hardware, they definitely were not ready from a supply standpoint to "go live" with it when they did.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I read an article the other day that they are ramping up production on the hardware, they definitely were not ready from a supply standpoint to "go live" with it when they did.

The hardware is very good quality the only issue is the cable ends are solid with being attached to the dish and the other end having a large cat 7 end, both ends molded to cable. So I can install mine through the back of roof vent and into my attic and above my pantry without seeing any holes. But you will need a 3/4" hole. Mike has my dish till the end of the month so I have snow internet for a while.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
If anyone wants to watch the starlink launch tonight at 7:50 PM here is the link for the live stream...

https://youtu.be/U4sWbTfrzj8

Thanks, I notice there is some curvature to the earth in that picture, good, someone is convinced the earth is flat, but that's a conspiracy theory thread so much expected.
These dishes are the ticket.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The hardware is very good quality the only issue is the cable ends are solid with being attached to the dish and the other end having a large cat 7 end, both ends molded to cable. So I can install mine through the back of roof vent and into my attic and above my pantry without seeing any holes. But you will need a 3/4" hole. Mike has my dish till the end of the month so I have snow internet for a while.

The connector is like 0.76" so if you are going through something thin you can cheat and ream with a 3/4 bit, but if you have to go through a long ways (I had to drill through 10 inches of concrete) you'll definitely just want to use 7/8" hole.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not doubting the quality. I'm saying they didn't have enough to supply for the demand of orders they are getting.

Top Bottom