stagging area heros

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When younger stored my sled at the parents house. Had to park moms car out on the street to load up the sled. they were in an area that had a the 6' strip of grass between the sidewalk and street. Pulled the sled out of the garage and decided to take it for a quick rip to the end of the block. Coming back, got a little cocky and pulled it up on one ski. Only problem was the one ski came up and the other got caught in the curb and gutter. Ran the one ski along moms car front to back, all the while dad is watching the show. Luckily the carbide never touched the car, just the plastic ski and couldn't see any scuffs or scratches. Would have been selling the sled to pay for the paint job.

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well this happened in about '92 back in the good old 2" paddle days...

We were going into Silent pass I was on my paddled up, piped 93 doo Plus XTC and my buds worked at cycle works and had the Polaris "mod" sleds. Anyway heading up the long road up to silent we got ripping pretty hard and the familiar tick tick tick twack twack twack bang bang bang and then a long green trail from the paddle through the heat exchanger trick.

So my bud says for us to go on and enjoy the day and he'll limp it home.

So off we go...

Little did we realize that he had all the beer and whiskey with him. Well we get back to the truck after a full day of riding sober and he had only arrived a few minutes before. Needless to say he was smashed!

We get loaded up on the decks and he says "no one is loading his iron!"
On his first attempt he was a little slow and spun on the ramp so he backed down cursed a little and "hit'r with a little pepper", the paddles hooked hard and voila!!! He cleared the deck, cleared the roof, cleared the hood and landed on the gravel in the front of the truck. He comes around the back and slurs "man she's got some pop, better hold'r back a little.
He hits it a "little" with just enough to clear the deck right into the head rack and through the back window followed by a triple gainer over the hood...

Man what a cold ride back home from Golden, just kept our gear on all the way home...

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were at chappel a few years back and there was a group of guys (6) all standing around drinking.So the first guy loads his sled, buddies all standing around drinking drops it off the side.They finaly get it on the deck and here comes buddy roaring down the road to load the second sled and going a little to fast it launches right on top of the roof of the truck and shatters the back window and not mention the nice big dent in the roof. We just started :clap2:

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HiMark...I read this post yesterday and was in stitches reading it and thinking about...Now going back through this thread again has me laughing...Kudo's to you for posting it and by the looks of it lighting up the day for many...:d:d:

pattergrub

Reaction score
oh yeah I'm still with them. But i now drive my own truck with a deck. My boss rides as well so he was actually pretty understanding

DV8ED Digger

Reaction score
That settles it! I am leaving my helmet on and the GoPro recording when I am loading and unloading from now on. Maybe I'll catch a "HiMark Moment"

Thanks for telling on yourself HiMark. I know I have done similar things but for some reason my memory fails me when it comes to revealing my own blunders.

UkrainianMudKing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched my buddy load his 02 Summit into the back of his honda ridgeline last year, but he gave her to much trottle and put the skis on the back of the roof and blew out the window. Only cost him $2800.

Crazy8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A picture says a thousand words:d

Attachments

• PICT0806.jpg
    PICT0806.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 214

Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had this young punk ripping up the field at Cattaract by the cabin. Then he turns to me and says "I know what I'm gonna do" and takes off towards the parking lot. I figure this is gonna be good so I head after him and watch as he tries to jump the parking lot burm. Didn't quite pull it off but I did laugh my a$$ off. He said it was his first ride.

Here's the pictures of the aftermath. He thought he was pretty cool. Even gave me the thumbs up afterwords.

MS239069.jpg

MS239070.jpg

MS239071.jpg

Doo800ho

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had this young punk ripping up the field at Cattaract by the cabin. Then he turns to me and says "I know what I'm gonna do" and takes off towards the parking lot. I figure this is gonna be good so I head after him and watch as he tries to jump the parking lot burm. Didn't quite pull it off but I did laugh my a$$ off. He said it was his first ride.

Here's the pictures of the aftermath. He thought he was pretty cool. Even gave me the thumbs up afterwords.

View attachment 72717

View attachment 72718

View attachment 72719

:perfect10: Future stagging area hero. I hope you pointed out he should have tried to jump from the other side.:beer:

The first time we took my brother in-law to the mountains we come down after a good day of riding to load up the sleds.....well he decides to go ripping up and down the parking lot at warp speed and then decides to try and do some donuts well he gets spinning pretty good and the edge of the track dig's in and flips him and his brand new sled on it's side and lands him on his back right in the middle of the parking lot. Fawk it was funny. He then gets pissed off because we were to busy laughing at him to help him flipp his sled back up.

Top Bottom