Ssv sound system

Jonathan1986

Reaction score
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone has the stock ssv sound sytem that you can get from polaris for a rzr and hiw they like it? Is it loud enough with just the two speakers or did u need to go with all four? How it hold up when it gets wet and muddy?

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one also. 4 speakers. But also not loud enough

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are good in the mud. Two seasons and still ticking If you google there is some who have put a small amp inside and got alot more volume

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We install alot of the ssv systems at work. Seem to be half and half on the 2 speaker 4 speaker thing. I rode with a rzr with the 2 speaker system and with the rzr behind me on the trail i could here the music nice and clear over the engine. And when you weren't moving it was like having head phones on.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like mine (4 speakers). Hard to hear on the trail with loud exhaust and a helmit but great for the beverage breaks.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
Factory ad ons are just ok. We do a lot of JL Audio marine systems in Rangers, RZRs, Wildcats, Rhinos, Seadoos, etc at my a/v shop. Some have tried the factory systems and found them to be sub par and upgrade. Some realize their expectations are going to exceed factory options and don't waste their money.

I have never done a system in a UTV, sled, or streetbike for a customer that you couldn't hear clearly while operating.

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just installed two 3" speakers I bought from dragonfire racing. They are amplified already and you dont need a head unit. Just plug directly into your ipod or iphone. Mounted to the back of the roll cage right behind your head. Seem to be plenty loud, no bass though but I dont care just as long as I have tunes now.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found the SSV has too much bass at full throttle.

stealth 800

Reaction score
did system come with a remote. i just got one and they said the new ones dont come with a remote

sillyfox

Reaction score
hi there 101, well as you I did lots of research on stereos for my razor last year. I went with 4 polaris Kicker 6"speakers, 2 polaris kick panel pods up front and custom pods in rear, Kicker 10" sub in SSV sub box under dash, Kicker 5ch 1000watt amp, Alpine head unit. The thing sounds awesome and is very load. That is the good part, now for the bad. I always wear a helmet when I ride and ear plugs to help cut out the hi vibration noise from machine. I have the music just load enough to hear.
1) After about 3 hours of riding I get such a headache that I want to cut it off haha, with machine and stereo these's just toooo much noise.
2) Its hard to talk to your passenger while driving, you have to shout loud enough for them to hear you and to make it easier you would back off throttle, but forget about hearing them talking to you if your not paying attention. Same problem as when you double some one sledding.
3) I forget price but close to $1500-2000, plus time to install
If I was to do it over I would get a Rugged Radio intercom system with helmet kit that you can pull out and transfer to any helmet, push to talk, ipod hook up.
To add to system for none riding listening , I would go with the 6" front kick panel speakers and Kickers new little X5.0 amp.(I think thats the model).
Good sound while riding that you don't have to have cranked, and clear communication at the push of a button with your copilot, and load enough to party by the camp fire. Just my opinion .
But as I have the big system now, I plan on getting the Intercom system asap.

Top Bottom