RZR season has arrived!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 286

Bezzola

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a cabin at lake isle for awhile where did find trails like I was in south view village

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a cabin at lake isle for awhile where did find trails like I was in south view village
The trails are just north of there a couple of Kms. You couldn't drive 100 meters without hitting a bog or mud pit...tons of fun!
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 159
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 156

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hate to be "that guy" but you will want to be careful of posting pics like this..... it just adds fuel to the fire when greenies are looking to shutdown riding areas. I believe this area is already having some issues with disgruntled residents and landowners. Just a suggestion take it for what you will.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is very likely in the Stanger Hills trail system. There is a good chance the Lac Ste Anne ATV club will close this trail down for a few weeks to let it dry up a bit.

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is very likely in the Stanger Hills trail system. There is a good chance the Lac Ste Anne ATV club will close this trail down for a few weeks to let it dry up a bit.
Not sure what the area is called although I heard it supposedly is a quad trail built for quading. It was a bit wetter than we thought it would be and the one farmer we passed just smiled and waved. Aside from him...we never drove past any houses so not sure who would complain.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what the area is called although I heard it supposedly is a quad trail built for quading. It was a bit wetter than we thought it would be and the one farmer we passed just smiled and waved. Aside from him...we never drove past any houses so not sure who would complain.

Yeah that would be Stanger Hills then. The trail is stewarded and built by the by the Alberta Beach Snowmobile Club in combination with the Lac Ste Anne ATV club. To the best of my knowledge we don't have a ton of problems with complaints out there, but there is one land owner in particular that has been trouble for us since the beginning. Most of the real big problems are around Hell's Half Acre by Alberta Beach. In any case, we of course encourage anyone and everyone to use the trail and have fun but just remember when your out there that someone eventually has to fix these trails.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big thing is to park at the stanger staging parking lot. Lots of guys stage in my neighborhood and others. Also at Darwell and rip down the hwy. then the people (haters) can see this which causes more problems. Most of the locals I know out here aren't big fans of the city people coming out here. It's not a very big area and the pressure from atv's can be a future problem. This area is very small compared to Vega or some of the other closer areas. Most of the side trails are impassable now due to huge holes in the skeg.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The big thing is to park at the stanger staging parking lot. Lots of guys stage in my neighborhood and others. Also at Darwell and rip down the hwy. then the people (haters) can see this which causes more problems. Most of the locals I know out here aren't big fans of the city people coming out here. It's not a very big area and the pressure from atv's can be a future problem. This area is very small compared to Vega or some of the other closer areas. Most of the side trails are impassable now due to huge holes in the skeg.

Thanks Drew, good to know. We will try to find a way to educate these people in the future. Unfortunately, as you know, we have no control over stupid. ...but we can always do our best to spread the word. The ATV club now has a seat on a new country trial committee setup to address issues like this - I will make sure this gets brought up.
As for the impassible areas, we are also working on this. We had a plan last year to bring in a contractor but it was too wet most of the year and contractors would not go near it. It looks like we'll be getting in another bunch of rig mats shortly which will hopefully help out the situation a lot. We're also talking about building a bridge or two, but that may not get done this year.

We also hope to continue trail development in that area but have to get a handle on maintaining what we already have before getting funding for more trails.

Last edited:

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The way I see it is if whoever uses the trails looks after them as far as garbage etc. and is respectful of private property...then go have fun. As far as "City" people go...it's there tax dollars subsidizing most of the municipalities, so again if they're respectful...have fun.
We've lived in this area for almost twenty and one of the others in our group has been living in the Lac St.Anne area for over 50 years. Both of us know and respect our area very much, but I don't think playing in the bogs a bit is trashing the trail system.
Btw...if you ever need volunteers to help maintain the trails, send me a pm and if I'm free I'd be happy to help. If you notice on my page, it says "location" Lac Ste. Anne.

Top Bottom